Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Theres  a dog park in Plainfield Van Horn Woods, Its smaller but its fenced and FREE and theres tables outside of the park and a pond that's in front of the tables

Sundays would be perfect for me unless I know way a head of time to take off of work

I just today signed up on MyCorgi and I am very interested in a Corgi Picnic in Illinois.  I attended a Corgi picnic in Wisconsin on Saturday, July 23.  I live in Illinois, but did not know of any Corgi get togethers near home. 

I checked out the Friends Forever Dog Park you refered to in Freeport.  It looks very nice.  I like that it offers one day passes.  It says no food allowed, but perhaps they will make an exception if asked or we could eat outside the fenced area. 

Are most of your members from the Chicago area?  Or is there a more central location for all memebers?  I live in Champaign, but am willing to drive.

September sounds good to me as well. Unfortunately, I have a wedding I must attend on Saturday, Sept 17 which is in the Chicago burbs. I could make it on Sunday, Sept 18.  All other weekend dates in September open for now.

We've had it at the Freeport dog park and they let us eat at the picnic tables.  I think they just mean no food in the fenced in area.

Also, welcome to the group!

Hey everyone!

It seems like everyone agrees we should have it in September.  How does everyone feel about September 25th (it's a Sunday)?

I've noticed a lot of talk about the park we would like to have it this year.  I know it's hard to find a place that would work for everyone since the state of Illinois is so long.  If there is a park that you think everyone would enjoy going to please contact them and see if you can find out the details like day passes and fees and also requirements for the dogs (I know some parks like to see documents on vaccinations and stuff).

Oops!  I accidently posted this in the wrong place.  So I entered it again here....
I think that September would be a good time for a Corgi picnic. The weather might be cooler for the dogs. September 25th works for me.
Also, if you liked the Freeport Dog Park the last time, do it there again. It sounds like a really nice place. I would love to see it. I only mentioned a more central location because Freeport is so far north. Are most of your members from the Chicago area? If so, the location is the best for most members. As a matter of fact, I have a friend in your area that is thinking of attending with her Corgi as well.
I would rather drive to Freeport to a nice dog park. I can not recommend the dog park in my area. It is basically a fenced in field next to the sewage treatment plant. Plus there is no shade because the tiny trees were put in last fall.
Who in that area will be in charge of the picnic? If you had the picnic at the same place as before, contacting the place and setting it up should be no problem. Someone has to find out all the rules of the park and get all the paper products, etc.
At the Wisconsin picnic they asked each family to give $5 to cover the cost of paper plates, silverware, napkins, bottled water, pop, and ice. They also provided buns, meat, and cheese for sandwiches and rented tables and chairs with that money. Personally, I think there was plenty of food without the sandwich stuff. Just keep it simple.
Were there enough picnic tables at the Freeport Dog Park or did you have to rent tables for the last one? Since there is a shelter there as well, perhaps we could get tables from them. Everyone can bring lawn chairs.
I think I have rambled on enough!  I just wanted to get some ideas out there.
I would love for my Corgis to get together with another group of Corgis.  They had so much fun at the last one.
Sept 25th should be fine for me :)
Sept 25 is not a good weekend for Izzie and I.  To be honest the 24th is my bachelorette party.  I dont know if I am going to be able to function I know my friends all too well.  The 11th or the 18th would work better for us.  Do we have a set place yet?

I wanted to get a day down before I called a place.  That way they know exactly what day we were planning on.

In September, any weekend day but Sept 17 works for me.  I am going to a family wedding that day.  You mentioned September 25 and it is perfect for me.  However, the sooner we can get a date the better.  I have plans for 3 other things waiting on this date.

So, are you taking on this project? Planning on Freeport?

It seems like some people can't make the 25th and it looks like some people are also leaning towards the other dog park.
Sorry, I forgot to answer your other question.  I don't mind having to contact and arrange the park if maybe someone can help with the food.  Last time we did a potluck type thing.  People brought stuff and I thought it was really successful.  I was thinking of maybe doing something like this for it.
My boy's Bday is Sept 24th but I work on Saturdays normally 25th works great for us. Freeport is a 2 hour drive for us. Hoffman Estates would be great for us, plus I have some "students" (I'm a Pet Trainer) that have corgis that it would be easier for them to come.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service