Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

The one in naperville sounds like its going to be our best bet to do everything that we have in mind. Hope this one works out.

Just talked to the Forest Preserve.

They said as far as any documentation for the dog is there rabies tag and the expiration date for it.

They said they would be fine with us having our picnic there but I have to call again and talk to the event coordinator.  The person I had talked to said there might be an extra fee if this is considered a dog event so I'm going to call and find out if it is and what the extra fee would be.  They have a sheltered area for our picnic and they said the dogs are allowed there as long as they are on a leash.

=D What does everyone think?

I like that they only want rabies info.

Is the picnic area near the dog park area?  I want to make sure we are not hauling a lot of stuff from cars, etc. 

I am curious how much the fee would be.  If it is a lot, how do we pay for it?  Collection...but if we don;t know how many people, it is hard to know how much to tell them. 

When will the coordinator be in so you can contact her?

Is this for the one in naperville?
Yes it is.

So - this is the Whalon Lake in Naperville/Bolingbrook park (8 acres with a smaller 2.5-acre park for dogs under 35 lbs.)?

Good location as I've been very near that area. Good price ($3 for the day for the dog park). According to the regs, though, we wouldn't be allowed as Lilah will still be under 6 mo. old. Don't disqualify it for that reason, though, if it's best for the group.

My vet would not let me take my puppy anywhere until she was 4 months and had all her shots including rabies.  Will Lilah have all her shots by then?  If she has the shots and the vet says she is ready, you could lie about her age.  :)  BUT if she is under 4 months, I would not bring her at all.  She could pick up something in the dog park.  It is not worth the risk.

Yes, she's had all her shots! She will be exactly 5 mo. old that weekend.

Sounds good to me.  I would just LIE!  How would they know?

Did you read my newest idea?

Freeport takes dogs in at 4 mo. and you would not have to lie.

Dogs under 35lbs? Only Lily can go, Jimmy is too fat ( poor boy, even under a restricted diet)

How much does he weigh?

I see that they are typically between 35 and 50 pounds.  If he is close to 35 maybe he will pass.  The Corgi Picnic I went to in Wisconsin had a spaniel in the small dog area because it was a sibling to a Corgi.  No one said anything, but there were only about 3 other dogs that wandered into that park that day.  We might have a few more residents with dogs in Naperville.

Ok... I am being really bad now.  I'm throwing out yet another idea.

IF Naperville does not work out, I am tempted to say let's go back to the place you KNOW will work...  Freeport.

Does everybody really mind driving the extra distance? 

I had a new thought today.  IF we switch back to Freeport's Dog Park, it is with the animal shelter.  Instead of giving door prizes for the longest drive, shortest tail, etc. we could all bring something to donate to the shelter that would help the animals that don't have homes.  Their web site has a page that lists items they need. 

Here is that page...  http://friendsforeverhs.org/donate_p/donate-goods/

It would be optional, of course, but people could bring a bag of Purina Puppy Chow or a box of Milkbones or bleach or papertowels.... There are lots of things on the list.  We could collect them all together so we could all see how much stuff we are giving and then present it to the shelter.

If Napperville works out...fine.  This is just what I came up today while sitting in the doctor's office.

P.S.   Thanks Sammie for making all the calls!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service