Does anyone know if corneal ulcers are an hereditary trait in Corgis? Bubba had one last summer in his right eye that took nearly four months to heal. Now, he has another in his left eye. It wasn't caused by a scrape or scratch and he doesn't have dry eye or diabetes. Although deemed "superficial" there was no reason for it to thave happened.

Yesterday, they debrided that eye and spun some blood serum so, he's getting that in conjunction with the Atropine and antibiotic ointment. This Friday he has to see the vet again and she said she may have to debride it again. I feel so bad for him seeing him like this again.

Views: 738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry to hear that my friend, it is never easy when it happens to your best friend. You can only play with the cards you are dealt in life, do the best you can. Stay strong, Bubba's entire world is you.

When we first learned of Lances diagnosis, it was a bit overwhelming, and I am sure that is what you are going through now.  Lance will only be six at the end of this month, not much older than Bubba.  No one wants their loved ones to go through hard times.  I am sure you have a lot of thoughts racing through your head about the new diagnosis.  Its ok to cry and better to admit it, there is nothing wrong with crying, as you already know. 

Sam has great advice too, well said!!  So sorry you are going through this. 

It's rather odd. We seem to be able to accept to one degree or the other, the adversitites and infirmities in our own flesh but when it comes to these little ones we just go to mush and denial... perhaps in part because of the frailities, not only of ourselves, but also knowing their total dependence on us.Their well being and future happiness is in our hands and if yo ulove them, that's quite a responsibility. Sometimes you feel you've failed somewhere even thought you know you didn't cause it. To be totally transparent, I don't think I would be more concerned and anxious if he was human.
Your right. It seems that they look to us and depend on us to take care of them and we we cant I feel that I have let them down.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service