I've posted about this before, but I really need some help now...We have a puppy that is 4 months old, and we have been trying to crate/potty train her for over 2 months. I've read books, I've done research, I've talked to trainers and vets... I've been getting up every 2 hours at night to take her out...she still goes potty in the crate AT LEAST once a night. Plus, she cries constantly when she's in there, which not only makes me feel terrible, but causes me to lose a ton of sleep...I don't know what else to do.  I really want to keep her, but I can't keep going on like this...between the crying, taking her out, and giving her 1 or 2 baths every night, I've been getting about 2 hours of sleep a night. I love her so much, and I wish I could afford a trainer, but I just can't...Any suggestions? Thank you guys so much for your time.

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know, I had the same problem with Seanna. She did the same thing, kept getting bladder infections (or so they said). Then I got a new vet one day who noticed that she had an extra fold of skin over her pee opening. We wipe her once a day with baby wipes, and keep her hair trimmed around the opening. Waalaa! No more problems.
Kelly brings up many good points. The UTI that has been mentioned I have dealt with on one of my puppies I was keeping for myself. What led me to knowing she had an infection was she wanted to sit all the time...hesitant for steps and when brushing her, between her back legs she was wet which was unusual. She had a very early onset of a UTI. Whenever I hear of an older pup like yours having an urination problem I always mention the UTI. Couldn't hurt to have the vet culture it. Good luck..
Oooh sitting all the time? That's a symptom I have not heard of before. Good to know... Here I thought I was just over-worrying.

(To the original poster: I wish you luck! You've gotten a lot of great advice from folks here.)
I really really REALLY appreciate all of your advice. Y'all have given me a lot of hope. Thank you all ever so kindly :)
I know I'm going to get in trouble for this but...... Islept with both of mine in just a cardboard box with my arm hanging down into the box. they also had atoy with a little wind up clock inside after about a month then kennels at night. we tried nnot to put them in crates during the day but that did'nt work

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service