How many others find themselves sleeping in strange positions because their Corgi takes up most of the bed? Mine only likes to sleep stretched out longways, which leaves no room for my legs!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I made my double bed available to my guys by getting them a two-piece ramp. Bertie likes to use the ramp and lie on the bed to look out of the windows -- but only during the day! When I'm sleeping, Bertie sleeps in "his" chair -- he does not like having anything touch him when sleeping, and feet moving around under the covers freaks him out, lol. Ethel will snuggle a little more and sleep on the bed once in a while, but she likes to sleep in her dog bed at the side of Bertie's chair or in her crate. But they do insist on sleeping in whatever room I sleep in -- they just don't like to sleep right next to me. Oh, well. Funny thing, though, in the morning, even though they are awake before me, they stay in their beds and wait until I call them, and then we all three have a big snuggle on my bed before getting up for the day.
Mine wait for me to wake up too!!! Ain't that the greatest way to start a day??!!! With nubs and tails wagging, happy faces, and lots of kisses!!!! Love it!!
Penny is a bed hog. My boyfriend works evenings so he came home last night and there was no place for him to sleep so he moved her over...well by the time he pulled the covers back to get in she was right back where she started.
This morning I found myself all curled up at the top of my bed while my dear sweet Soffie was sound asleep and comfortably stretched from one side of the bed to the other and right smack dab in the center, from head to foot of the bed!! I must say this is a position I have frequently awakened in. But, there are many nights when we share the bed quite amicably! Griffyn, who is afraid of heights, usually moves from room to room and many nights opts to sleep in his crate.
When Oliver does decide to sleep with us (he goes through independent streaks and refuses to be anywhere but his bed on daddy's side), it's a nightmare. With me being 7 months pregnant, and neither of us being anywhere near little, having a puppy included in a full sized bed means a night of constant movement. Oliver starts up at the head of the bed, either laying inbetween us on the pillows or on my shoulder, then moves inbetween my feet. He is incredibly hard to move, as he HATES being woken up. He will actually whine and wimper and cover his eyes with his paws while I try to move him. Then he sighs, and gets up and moves to dad's side of the bed for a while. It's amazing we get any sleep at all!!
Oh my! You poor thing!
Soffie does the whole rubbing her eyes, stretching and yawning thing...... it's soooooo cute! How can we resist!!
What a fun thread, great stories.
I'm just grateful a couple of them sleep w/the kids!!!!
Belle mostly stays at my back most of the night but if she get in bed first across she goes. Oscar the westie sleeps at our feet no big problem. We have a King so there is now dog land. We used to sleep with 3 bassetts in the bed, now that was a positional problem.
I can't wait until our little Wally gets to sleep with us in the big boy bed. LOL Because he's just three months old and not yet totally potty trained, he still sleeps in his crate next to my bed. He doesn't have any accidents in his crate and seems to sleep well through the night.
Loki is famous for that with me. For some reason if Kyle and I are taking a nap and Loki is on the bed, he'll try to sleep in my spot, and then if I manage to get in my side of the bed, he stretches his short little legs out and pushes me until he's comfy haha.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service