Camber is continually getting up earlier.  What was 6:00 AM a few months ago has now transformed in 4:30-5:00 AM.  She starts making a racket unless we take her and then she expects breakfast right away. 

What is the best way to combat this behavior?  I am sick of getting up this early.  I don’t think she really “needs” to go to the bathroom that early, but wants that meal as early as possible!

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can say this much...our little girl Lillie was the same way....

When we first got her we crated her in our living room and when ever anyone got up to go anywhere in the house at nite..bathroom...drink of water...and she saw us, she did the SAME thing...

We then moved her into our room so she wouldnt feel so "alone"...same thing happened only worse b/c if we moved around too much in our sleep she'd think we were up and want out..NOT fun.

Now, she is crated in our room and what we do is that we cover her crate..kinda like a bird...with a very light and airy sheet at nite
...not completely b/c she needs air-obviously- and so she can see what's going on if she wants to.

We have her trained so that "last call" is about 10pm-she goes for her walk and then she usually hangs out for about another 30 mins and we tell her "bed time" and she goes right into her crate and waits for us to "tuck her in". First walk of the day is at 6 am.

She even likes to be covered now and she'll grumble and fuss when the cover is off the crate or if someone forgets to cover her!

It was a very unusual solution but now everyone gets a good nite sleep and we dont have to worry about being "spotted" if we have to get up at nite.

And when fall gets here and we set our clocks back an hour, I have to take all of them to the vets to get their clock reset. Coco is the one that will get on my chest first thing in the morning and remind me to feed them. Its ok I dont mind anymore.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service