Good day everyone,

Just wanted to get a bit of feedback if this is normal, which I think it is.   Everytime we're on walks or just to bring Wally outside, he is usually well mannered towards other dogs, kids and adults.   He pulls from time to time but he's excited about all the smells and sounds around the neighborhood and trails.

But as soon as he sees some "clean snow", not the dirty stuff, he goes on it, lays on his back and does "The Bacon Dance" is what I call it.   He goes with all fours in the air, twist and flops rubbing his back, sides and back of the head.    He loves the snow I know and I do see the joy on his face.   He does not have an hitch problem and does not scratch excessively.  I brush him about every 2nd day and barely any hair comes out.   

So during a walk (1hr) he can jump on the snow bank and to the Bacon like 10 times.    I sometimes need to get him back as he's just rolling and rolling.    Then we get back on the walk and 1/4 mile later, back at it.     It might be a way to clean himself cause his paws and belly get so dirty from the melting snow and loose dirty.   Sometimes when I go to get him back he goes in his spazz moment and goes nuts, which I allow him a good sprint to burn energy.

I haven't noticed doing this on grass during the summer but he has done it in fresh cut grass, which turned him green one damp early morning.

So does your pup has any tendencies of showing of his dance moves when out in public or around the home?    I think it normal and he does not seem to have any skin condition or shedding..

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This us completely normal. They love to roll around and act silly. And, if there is a scent they can roll in, all the more fun!

OH yes and I've had a few times that I caught him in the grass, rolling on a decomposing roddent or bird.    Good thing I was able to pull him off before the smell takes over..  :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service