This

is Jasper. Jasper has been in a shelter in Cape May Court House, New Jersey since December 2010. Here is the story in his words:

"My name is Jasper and I am sooooo ready to be moving on!  I came into the Shelter in December 2010 following an SPCA investigation that led to the seizure of over sixty dogs from one house.  Since then my home has been a cement floor, chain link fence and some lonely nights. I am a four year old Corgi and as you can see I am cute as a button.  I’m gonna be up front here… Although I love people and belly rubs and playing in the yard I do not like other dogs and I do not want to live with other dogs.  I like my things…my toys, my rawhides and yes, my food.  I do not want to share with any other animal and, yes, that includes cats!!  I love people and I am hoping my cute little face, short legs and tail free body is all you need! Older kids are okay with me…but no little ones.  The Shelter is going to be very careful where I go…it’s for my own good…and yes, it’s my own fault! Call me spoiled if you want! But hey, did I say I am cute as a button and love people???!!!  Come and meet me!"

There has to be a family for him out there somewhere! Two plus years is way too long to be in a kennel! :(

Here is the shelter's contact information:

Cape May County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center

110 Shelter Road
Crest Haven Complex
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Phone: (609) 465-8923
Fax: (609) 465-8977

Email: animalshelter@cmcsheriff.net

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aww, poor little guy.  I hope he finds a forever home this year!

this is so sad...hope he finds a home very soon!!! 

I found this hard to believe at first. Two years. Really? We've had long-term residents after a large seizure because their court case had to be finished. Some of the animals were considered "evidence." But it was less than a year, and it was only the more damaged ones. Most were fostered, not in kennels for all that time. That could really do harm to a dog. So I researched this one, and sure enough, it took over 2 years for the dogs to become eligible for adoption. Wow. This shelter's fees are low, and services are good, so a lot of good people must have been helping out.

Here's what their facebook page says:

The day has finally come!! The dogs seized by the SPCA on December 18, 2010 officially belong to us and will be available for adoption after spay/neuter. Appointments are scheduled for this week. Applications will be accepted by mid-week. Please remember that because of medical conditions not addressed prior to their arrival and because they have been kenneled for over two years these dogs are going to present unique challenges to those who adopt them. Applications will not be based on "first come, first served." The Shelter reserves the right to decided what is the BEST placement for each dog based on his/her unique needs and will be taking multiple applications. Please do not direct questions to this page. Serious inquiries ONLY contact the Shelter. It's time these guys got to go home and stay there!! (By the way...Scottie is staying with us!!)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service