So my Miss Ellie has started throwing tantrums! Like a toddler! If she doesn't get her way or doesn't want to do something, she now throws herself on her back, rolls around and makes, loud frequent growling noises. This is bad but I actually have to try not to laugh as it is such....human...behaviour. So I'm curious to see if there are other pampered, over indulged, spoilt corgis out there who also like to throw tantrums when they get don't get their own way???

Views: 1369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love it! Baxter is totally what I termed "grumpin.'"

Lol! Laughing at my mental replay of your CGC test. . .

we get ascending and descending scale "Chewy" noises, most time during a yawn, that ends in a sharp ( and loud) Yap!  Which means you are not moving fast enough---I wanna go out NOW!

Funny.  Haven't had one that did this, but one thing I have found very lustful is to teach them "last one"  I have used this with a ball  crazy Corgi...tell him before the last throw...he would usually go get it and just drop it when almost back to me.  Also before giving them the last treat.  They totally understand and it usually  ends the begging.for more.  Of course, while teaching this you can't give in or they learn nothing.  Makes them a lot easier to live with.

Great insight on your part!

That is a very great idea.

Baxter doesn't roll on his back for me, but when he's playing with Ziggy and Ziggy is ignoring him, Baxter will do exactly what Miss Ellie does. When Baxter is trying to get what he wants from me, he will give me the corgi stare and bruff at me until I acknowledge him or give in.

oops!  Just read my post from last night...that would be "useful"  not "lustful".  How did that happen? Must have been spell check??

I finally got up the courage to enter Murray in an agility trial next weekend.  A big reason I haven't is that I never know which Murray I'm going to get...the good Murray or his evil twin.  Unfortunately, I'm guessing his evil twin.  He loves doing it so much and with all the dogs and excitement he'll probably get too crazy.  I just hope he doesn't take off ahead of me and make up his own course.  He's actually very good most of the time.  Nobody has more fun than Murray, and in the end I guess that's what's most important.  I just hope I can get out of there with my dignity intact.

Einstein does this after each meal he eats or if we give him a treat he is really excited about. We think of it as a cleaning his mouth, super happy, full belly, "Thanks Mom & Dad" dance which makes us laugh every time.  

Mine doesn't throw a tantrum, but he does express his displeasure!!!

YES! they are attention seekers/hogs... Mine loves to do the whine & wiggle dance :)

Did you mean to say hogs?

Tucker will lay on his belly with his back feet out and little corgi butt to me.  As if to say " I am not listening to you anymore".

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service