So this morning I woke up and almost had a heart attack when I walked in to the kitchen and looked in Dax's crate. My boyfriend had gotten up about 5 minutes before and gone in there and everything was fine, but it didn't take long. So here's the story:

I bought Dax a bed a couple days ago and he loved it. It was so comfy, I would have slept on it. Perfect size for his crate, perfect bed, right? Well here's where I went wrong. The bed had a zippered cover on it so that you could take it off and wash it. Now Dax isn't really a destructive corgi. He used to sleep on towels and he would chew on the corners a little bit but he never ripped anything up. So I got home with it and I'm thinking "Hmm. A zipper. That probably wasn't the smartest idea, Amanda. He'll probably try and chew on it." so I stuffed the zipper inside the cover and zipped it as far as it would go, (there was another zippered pouch inside the first one that held all the stuffing) and wrapped a towel around it so he wouldn't bother it. Which worked for a few nights, but this morning I woke up and he had pulled the towel off, broke the zipper, ripped the second pouch and pulled a lot of the stuffing out (let me remind you this all happened within about 5 minutes). That wasn't even the scary part -- When I walked in I saw the bed, saw it was ripped, saw the stuffing......WHERE'S DAX?! He had crawled inside the bed between the two covers and (I assumed) couldn't figure out how to get back out. My god I almost died right there. Luckily I pulled him out and he was fine but what if I hadn't gotten up just then?!

I know I know. I shouldn't have bought a bed with a zipper, but I guess I just didn't think about it when I bought it -- trust me, I'll never do it again. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know so hopefully no one else (or their dog, for that matter) will have to go through that.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't beat yourself up about it. There are a lot of beds out there with zippers - Ofelia has one herself. Some dogs don't bother them, and other dogs go crazy about them. There was really no way you could have known how Dax was going to react to it. Glad everything's okay though. :-)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service