Hi. Before I start, I have asked my past and present veterinarians about this and they said "There's no medication or cure yet". I refuse to believe that though. There's got to be some kind of holistic or home remedy I can learn to help my Corgi.
Boscoe is 5years old and this has been happening his whole life...he gets a look on his face where his eyes get real watery, his lips pull back further than normal and this is the "Oh no I'm going to throw up" face. At least once a week and when I'm lucky only once every two weeks, this happens. Then he throws up. It's not due to too much food, type of food, too much water, accidental ingestion of garbage or chemicals, not a hairball, not due to hyper-ness or stress either. There is no specific cause, that's why I can't figure out what to do about it. All that comes out after about five to ten (what look and sound to be extremely painful) dry heaves is gooey, yellow bile. I know - DISGUSTING! But try having to clean it out of the carpet...which in comparison to the feeling I get knowing that there's nothing I can do to help him, is nothing.
I’ve called random veterinarian emergency rooms and help lines, I only got one solid answer once, which was to lightly coat his food with olive oil once a week. It worked so well! He went almost a month before having another episode! I did some research online and the closest examples I can find to what Boscoe goes through is called “Acid Reflux in Dogs”?? Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what to do? I have acid reflux myself, but I have medicine. I don’t even want to think that my dog has it and has no medicine. That’s got to be so painful.