I'm thinking of giving Sidney some fish oil caplets to help his skin/coat. I can get a good deal on human-grade caplets; they are 1000mg. Is this too much, or should they be fine?

Views: 1222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can also buy fish oil ion bottles with a pump and you "pump" it onto the food. They may be a little more expensive, but not much. Might even be cheaper depending on where you live and what you're paying. You might want to check into that?
I was thinking I would, once these 500+ tablets run out! o_O
So you just gave him regular ol fish oil gel-caps for humans from the grocery store? No need for, like, special "doggie fish pills" or anything? Because Eddy's getting some dry skin lately too.... And one whole one per day you say?
I bought a jar of human-grade Nature-Made fish oil tabs at CostCo. I was hoping he'd just take them like a treat, but he's not keen on the gel texture...so we poke a hole in it and squeeze the oil on his kibble. One a day.
Will the fish oil caplets reduce the shedding?
I'm not sure. Sidney does not have much of a shedding problem. There is some theory out there that the type of food makes a difference.
What dog food are you feeding her now?
He's been on Wellness in one form or another since he was a puppy, except for a slight detour to try Blue Buffalo. Right now he's on Wellness Simple Solutions.
You are such a dreamer! I use salmon oil unless I am currently feeding Natures Variety Salmon Meal. No change in the shedding...
Who? I'm sure there are different results for different people (or dogs, as it were). And there's nothing wrong with a little dreaming, anyway. :)
I was teasing Queenie and Chico I share the dream about a shed free or a shed less Corgi...When I started feeding the salmon meal I just got shiney hair all over the place ;o). I've come to embrace the shed. Cindy...another MyCorgi member, said that Corgi hair is both an accessory and a condiment!
Yum! I always add corgi hair to my coffee. Added fiber and makes for interesting..pfft...sound effects.

When I drive with my windows down I have a mini-cyclone of dog fur swirling in my car, mainly contributed by my corgi/elkhound mix. He's on a renal function modified diet and he sheds like a maniac. How bad does a maniac shed, anyway? Oh well, he sheds a LOT.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service