The other night as I was saying goodnight to Lance and petting him, his paws were really raw. One paw is really bad and the others are getting worse.

I bought a comfy cone to stop the licking tonight, it has worked somewhat. He is tolerating it too. :) I am thinking maybe I should have gotten the clear one instead.

I am concerned about work in the morning. If we leave the cone off I am afraid he is going to do more damage to himself while I am at work. Wearing the cone with no one home is proabably not safe even if we gate him in the kitchen. This seems to be a no win situation. :(

Any advice would be greatley appreciated.

Views: 1600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Casey sneezes once in a blue moon. However, I started giving him benadryl on Monday night. He was up all night long. He seemed to have slept better last night. Of course, I know this because he has been sleeping with us since December 2007. The first time he layed his head on my neck, took a deep breath and went to sleep was the clincher.

I am not sure how quickly the regular listerine or ACV works. Monday evening and yesterday morning I did the listerine. Last night I started the ACV and this morning before I left for work. I am going to order the drops and treats today. Whatever it takes to get him past this I will do. Through all this he is still a happy boy in every other way and the highlight of our life.
Ollie does this also! Constant chewing and biting - raw toes. After many trips to the vet the best I've been able to do, other than prescription topical spray, is give him Benadryl. Last trip to the vet he noted how we come in like clock-work every September.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service