Hello,

I am hopefully going to get a Corgi puppy this year, between spring and summer, after I got and moved into my first own house. Since I am a happy single woman I'll live alone with my old cat, some quails (outside) and other small pets. And of course with my Corgi :)

Since I work at riot police I have shift work + irregular stuff (like football matches, demonstrations etc). And it can even happen that I am out of the house for 2-3 days due to my work. Though just for the next 1-2 years, since I am changing my position then and mayyybe I can take my Corgi to work than, let's hope.

Now I wonder how I am going to train the little num to be all alone. He/She would be alone for around 8-9 hours BUT not every day. Before nightshift I am home till late evening, after nightshift I always just sleep till 0100pm so I have all day as well. late shift is the one time I am gone from late morning to evening, so that's every 3rd day. 

Since I wont know to many ppl by the time the Corgi is young I need a solution for this 3rd day. At the first months I can get my granny to my house, but that wont work forever... so how do I start with the alone training and how?

Beside this work hours I am - due to my job - very active and love hiking and jogging and would just take the Corgi with me everywhere. And of course power it out. Before shifts I would always take loooooong playful walks and make sure that the dog is dead tired when I leave. Oh an I am planning to get a dog door to the garden - or rather a part of the garden :). When I would be away longer I still can call parents to walk her and stuff, too. 

(P.S. I am not a native English speaker so please forgive my mistakes)

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing your experience, by the advice I got I'll surely go for crates and toys then. Really hope the training will go well. But when I see how my cat loves her crate (since open all the time), I think it should be possible... at least vet visits are much easier that way. 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service