Does anyone give their Corgi any type of suppliment for joint health? Many foods contain Glucosamine and Chondroitin but even with these foods it has been suggested that a suppliment be added since in order for your dog to get enough of these nutrients just from their dog food, they would have to eat way more than they should. I don't know what the daily requirements are for these nutrients but if anyone else does, please feel free to share.

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glucosamine, MSM(sulfer) and chondroitin.

We mostly started for Charlie who was walking like an old man after a few days of exercising him like I do with Roxi. Now he acts like a pup again!
A year ago when I started this discussion we put Finn on 21st Century K9 Maximum Joint Formula. We get them from Petsmart and they are $24.99 for a bottle of 60 chewable tablets. After talking to our vet and finding out about the lack of regulations when it comes to dog vitamins, he advised that we choose one that has the NASC logo on it since they regulate each other. This supplement has that plus all the ingredients we were looking for. Finnigan has been taking one tablet a day for over a year and he does very well, even with his HD.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service