Ok, so... we just got new laminate flooring. We cleaned all the sub-flooring well and the dogs still keep peeing/marking in the house. So, we either have to get rid of the dogs or find a way to keep them from peeing/marking in the house. We have tried everything we can think of. They usually do it when we can't see it. It's going to start getting cold soon, so we can't keep them outside. I am thinking of trying to make some cloth/pad things that go around their bellies where the pad area covers their sprayers. I am looking for input on ideas of how to make them. I want to be able to buy the cheap feminine pads at the dollar store and cut them to be smaller and be able to insert them in a pocket or something. It would velcro to itself on their backs so they would stay on. I do not know what they are called. I have seen/heard of them and can't seem to put in the right words for them to show up on any kind of search here or otherwise. Any help would be appreciated.

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They sell those in Asia, I think they are called belly band. See here.

Or you can get them male dog diaper, see here.
Thanks a lot. I am planning on trying to make my own. So, now that I know what they are called, I can look around for some patterns!!! Thanks :D
They are call belly bands, do not make them elastic waist, it can cause shaft abrasion. Wider bands will allow you to position the pads better and preventing spillage to the band itself. If urine did get absorbed into the stitches / seams, get a small take out tub container and soak it in hydrogen peroxide, it'll get rid of the smell. 3 belly bands per dog should cover your needs :)
Thanks Sam. You are awesome.
You could buy one at pet store, and use that as pattern. Or the handmade ones from the ebay link that David posted above. That could probably be easily copied. And, yes, the feminine pads are the same thing as the pads sold for dogs, only cheaper.
thanks Julia :D
Bellybands are bery easy to make - use velcro to close. Some people use towel layers, I have used the old flannel blankets, then 2 or three layers of the material that is used for baby diaper covers (it is water proof) JoAnns fabric and other stores carries. I then use tripple layer of a thicker baby diaper. Other people use kotex or other disposable diaper item that they tear apart. I have heard of one man who has used a regular diaper that he ties or pins around the corgi with a thicker diaper inside. There are also premade bellybands, about $20 each, pooch pads is one brand. Lucky wears diapers at night as he is incontinent. Wheelcorgis has a pattern, I looked at it, decided it had too many flaws for my liking and made up my own!!! The pooch pads uses elastic and so does the wheelcorgis pattern. I haven't decided if I like elastic or not. Oh, doggerslist has a SMALL pattern (doxie size) for something similar, I haven't had time to look at it closely as I am dealing with only one arm at this time

The problem with these belly bands is that the dog can squiggle out of them! (Lucky seal walks instead of walking). There is also a product called the peekeeper, but for corgis 26# or less. It is a rather complicated item.

Good luck!
Carol, where do I find doggerslist? I binged it and only adult things showed up. Doxie/min pin/corgi size is what I need. I just tried to join wheelcorgis on yahoo and am pending confirmation.
Thanks
oops! it's dodgerslist! sorry. I'm seeing someone asking about calling in a trainer? I don't know your situation - would not work in mine, of course.
oh... maybe I misunderstood... is Kota wheelchair bound?? my sincere apologies if that is the case. Of course a trainer wouldn't be the answer in that case.
Sorry.... but why are you going to this extreme?? Wouldn't it be better to work on re-training them not to pee/mark in your house?? Perhaps enlisting the help of a professional trainer??
.... there was more to my post.... but somehow I hit the enter button and couldn't get back to it so.....

We had a real bad problem with Griffyn attacking the vaccuum cleaner and I mean BAD!!! We tried everything we could think of and nothing worked. So I called a professional trainer and it took just ONE session!! And to this day... 1 year later, we can bring the vaccuum out without fear of having Griffyn go into an attack frenzie!

I know it's not the same as your situation .... but I just wanted to point out the success of calling in a "Pro".

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service