I recently adopted Little Feet from a woman who simply could not take the dog with her to her new apartment. She has owned the dog for about 5 years, but he did not qualify for the pet-weight limit of her new apartment. I am blessed to have a large enough property for him to run around and play in, but am cursed that it is deep in winter and the cold weather has my fiance and I beat.
We have rationed the amount of food that we give him at meal times and although his last owner gave him table scraps, there will absolutely be NO more of that.

I try to walk him at least twice a day when the weather holds up. And when it is too cold for me to go out with him, I let him free roam in our yard along with our Blue Heeler.
I was really just wondering what is a good food that I can feed him to help him cut down the pounds. I have read that I shouldn't buy anything with corn in the first five ingrediants.
Also, am I excercising him enough?

The shedding is absolutely crazy! I have a de-shed tool and brush him at LEAST three times a day. I must constantly keep my vaccuum cleaner on hand. Sometimes I notice an odd smell coming from his fur. I'm not really sure if it is because his skin is dry and the dander, or if there is another underlying problem.

Any advice you have on the shedding and his weight will be helpful! Please, no criticism, I am new to owning such a wonderful dog. :)

Thanks in advance!!

Views: 2722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for picking up Little Feet that is a wondeful thiing to do. Dont forget to vaccum seven times daily

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service