We pull up to the vets office, I open the car door for Lance and he immediately tries running to the other door, like no way, I'm not going back in that place. I get him out of the car and slowly to the door. He has his brakes on, we get him in the door and he walks in all calm and cool, walks himself right into a room, that is right outside the receptionists desk, lol.  The receptionist calls Lance to her saying hey, you forgot the first stop, your treat.  :)  He was happy to eat that. 

So what we found out today at the appointment, was that the hemotoma so we thought, really seems to be more swelling and not a hemotoma, as its further down in his ear than usual.  The vet said that hemotomas are usually more towards the top/tip of the ears not in the middle.  She prescribed an antiflammatory, Rimadyl and an antibacterial, Baytril and on top of those still will be taking Benedryl, and his ear drops and Clavamox.  His temp was 104 at the vets today.  Tomorrow morning we will take his temp again and report it to the vet. 

He still is coughing when he drinks and making it hard for him to drink water.  I have been crushing up ice chips and feeding them to him, seems to enjoy that.  Once in awhile he will eat them himself. 

Lance was awesome as ever, nervous, but took it all in stride :)  Even was able to get his heartworm test (blood work) done.  I almost don't know who he is at the vet, with how quiet he is, lol, doesn't make a peep while we are there.  We will take it day by day and hopefully these meds will get him back on the right track and 100 percent real soon!!! 

I posted a pic of his swollen ear and some pics from him chilling out on his lead for about 4 hours today, just quiet as can be, taking it all in. (No fenced in yard, yet)  One of his favorite things to do!! 

Views: 44

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank You everyone.  The vet thinks he is fighting something not quite sure what yet, if it is allergies or an infection, or a bit of both. i noticed the swelling in his ear went up this morning, but his temp is down.  Kinda puzzled why the swelling went up, but hoping by Monday it will be back down after the antibiotics.  Thanks for your responses. :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service