WOW, I hope to never hear that much noise from the boys again!!!!

Here I sit, scratching my head, trying to figure out what caused all the commotion.  I didn't see what started the disagreement off, so of course, that is going to make it impossible to figure out completely. Here is what happened.  The doorbell rings, I put the Lance and Tucker in the living room behind the gate, so that I can let in my daughters friend, Vince.  He comes in, and walks in the house down a short hallway and I follow him to let my daughter know he is here.  Then, all heck breaks out, the boys are making a ton of noise, definately not playing noises, more like a disagreement or fight. 

No one was hurt, Lance had a few hairs missing from him, but nothing major thank goodness!!  What I saw when I went in the room ,was Tucker had Lance by the side of his neck, shaking him, or holding onto him, couldn't tell for sure and both were making lots of noise.  I had the gate in one hand and ended up grabbing Tuckers collar which brought it to an end.  Phew. Wow, my heart was racing. 

After I broke them up, all seemed to go back to normal.  From what I read, humans make more of situations than dogs do, so I tried reassuring my kids not to make a big deal about it and not to baby either Lance or Tucker.  Is that correct?  Hopefully this one incident won't lead to more.   Sure would be nice to know who initially started the disagreement or what it was even over? 

The reason I put them behind the gate in the first place is to control Lances overexcitement, barking issues.  It seems that he calms down faster this way, then if we dont put him behind the gate.  It also is easier for people to ignore, him initially, which also helps calm him down faster.  Tucker, I am just worried about escaping out the door as someone is coming in, still working on that since we rescued him. 

I have put them behind the gate before, so they are used to that and never had this problem.  They seem to be doing just fine with each other now. 

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my girls sometimes do this when they are barking at someone visiting next door.  They will be barking like crazy then just attack for a couple seconds and then all is calm again. The Corgi Girls have been the best pair of dog I have ever had as getting along goes.
About a month ago Rugby and Gryffin got into a no joking blood drawing scrap. I'm not really sure what triggered it, I think one of the neighbors were walking by with their dog and that's when all Hell broke loose. I was out on the deck barbqueing when the next thing I hear is Rugby and Gryffin going at it. I could tell that this was not a little disagreement but a full on fight. I've learned in the past that Gryffin is the one I need to get under control because he'll want to continue the fight while Rugby once I intervene will usually back off. So I grabbed Gryffin and pulled him up and out of the area and things were over but man both dogs really got a whole of each others ears and draw major blood. They've have in the past had a few fights were I needed to intervene but this was the first where both hurt the other. Rugby has all ways been the alpha dog of the group but every once in a while Gryffin will not back down and that will set them off. (Rugby and Gryffin the tan and white are both males while Teagan is the female in the group)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service