Does anyone have Corgis & cats?  We're looking for the best pet gate that would keep a pup secure but let the cats come and go as they please.  Some I've seen with the pet doors seem geared for bigger dogs, and I'm not 100% on the size of a Corgi puppy.

Like this, for example:

Pet Gate #1

Don't know if it will work for a puppy, though it might be ok for a full grown Corgi.  We won't get a puppy till the fall, but are already preparing supplies and such.

Thanks!

Views: 2008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Remember that a young, healthy cat can jump a gate but an elderly, sick or injured cat cannot.  

We got one with the door and then used twist ties to close the door enough so that the cat can fit and the dog can't.  The cat can actually slip through the bars at the sides, but it leaves dirty marks on the walls (even though the cat is white, and spotless...go figure!) so we encourage her to use the door.

Jack respects a barrier and would not dream of trying to go through the door even if he could fit; I have left the gate open and he won't walk past it.  Maddie is not so respectful and needs a physical barrier.

If it's in an area you go into often, you want one with a gate that swings open.  You do not want to have to be climbing over a baby gate with, say, a laundry basket.  My hips can't take stepping over a baby gate either, but I do have arthritis so others might not have a problem.  

I think we have the one you pictured, and I like it so much better than standard gates even though it costs more.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service