Ok folks, I feel the need to go on a little rant today.  I have 3 friends now who have gotten pups from a breeder (not all corgi's) on the condition that they not be bred, and then they decided to go against the breeder's wishes and breed them anyway!!  Grrrrr!!  In my opinion, if the breeder says please do not breed this dog, that is their decision, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else!!  Sure, I would've loved to show Frosty in the ring, he was within the standard, just barely, but that's not what my breeder wanted, so we got him fixed.  I just think it is irresponsible of novice breeders to get a dog and feel like they know better than their breeder, and they don't care if the puppies will be papered or not, but they want to make more puppies.  Sorry for the rant folks, I am just really frustrated with my friends.  I am not saying that I think breeding is bad, I am just saying, please respect your breeder's wishes, and if you don't agree with what they have to say, don't get a pup from them, it's rude.

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Material world, world of wanting and needing now. It is a sad world in which the animals suffer!
Definitely can't say I am a breeder, although Mattelyn did end up having a litter back in July, but the 3 boys who made it are all here living with us. Although I do want to have another litter in the future (loooong into the future, having 4 dogs is costly, but I love them and so it's worth it), people who think hey let's breed this dog & make money are ridiculous. If you're giving them all the right check ups & getting their shots,etc - plus the prenatal side of things for Mommy, I don't see how you can make money unless you are a breeder who has multiple dogs and also a vet! But I also don't see how anyone can have these little baby pups born & then give 'em up. I look at these guys & I can't even imagine them living with people I consider family. I would be heartbroken even though I could see them - too attached now to see them when I sleep & first thing when I wake up!!!
I was so personally insulted last weekend when I was at a party and someone came up to me to ask if Frosty was neutered. I said that yes, he was. And the guy said to me, oh, well I have a friend with a female she wants to breed and she has been trying to find a male nearby that she can breed to. I was so mad! Like seriously?! She was okay with whatever male, as long as it was close. My corgi is soooooo not breeding material. I couldn't imagine breeding to him because he's "the closest thing around." Grrrr!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service