Product Recommendations- Approved by Mom, Tested by Waffle

So, I've had a build-up of stuff I've found that Waffle really, really likes.  Thought I'd let you guys know!

I ordered these online because I needed one or two more things in my cart before I got 15% off my order.  It was a very good decision!  They have limited ingredients and come in tasty flavors.  I like to taste the treats I give Waffle, and the PB&J ones certainly taste like peanut butter cookies, only less sweet.  The blueberry cobbler ones cannot compare to the real thing, though, but are still enjoyable.  They're less than an inch long, about 1/4 an inch thick, and satisfy my doggy's need for cookies without giving him tons of extra calories.  They're pretty good for training as a higher reward than a Charlee Bear treat without breaking the flow of things because we have to wait for him to chew and drool everywhere. Waffle hasn't complained about the size yet, either.

Chicken feet
They're crunchy and delicious.  Get them at your local Asian market or farm!  

I've bought something close to 5 of these for Waffle before I found this beauty at PetSmart.  Waffle destroyed one in under 10 seconds once, and it was awful.  Neither he nor I were happy.  That's okay though, because I had motivation to buy this GIANT FEATHER TOY.  The pole is sturdy and made of a softish plastic.  The feather part is stuck into a plastic piece that pops onto the stick, so instead of pulling the feathers out, he can just pull them off.  That little feature has saved me so much money!  Whenever he hears the bell, he goes nuts.  It's fun to play with inside, and especially fun to play with outside.  I can't even play with the cat without Waffle running in and stealing the fun.

My mom won a cat gift basket at church in a raffle, and this thing came in it. Torry is too mature for it and Tober is probably too dumb.  We ended up giving it to my friend because she had just gotten a kitten. Well, that friend is now my roommate and it ended up back in my possession because Waffle would not leave this thing alone!  I shake it to get the ball moving, and he jumps all around and tries to bite it. When the ball stops, he pounces and shoves the toy around with his nose.  The other dog isn't interested though.  I think your dog might need a high attention span and chase drive to enjoy this toy for a substantial period of time.

This is like the Crazy Circle only so much better.  The problem with the Circle is that I had to get down and make the ball spin, or else he would bark and shove it all around the floor and it would get stuck under things and he'd whine and whine... this became especially problematic one night when I was studying for two tests.  This toy has a mouse on a stick that moves very fluidly around a central pivot point.  It mesmerizes me.  All Waffle has to do is nudge it and it will start spinning.  The carpet on top is good too because he likes to dig at the toy to reach the mouse.  This toy has taken quite a beating and is still intact and still just as fun.

Walmart Large Balls: 2 for $5
I don't know what to call these... but I do know their price at Walmart!  They're about 1.5 feet in diameter, so they're almost taller than Waffle at his head. They're made out of a vinyl-like substance, so they're light and soft, and they come marbled pastel colors.  They're usually displayed in a big bin in between isles. I bought two because I thought they would pop.  The first one has been played with quite a bit.  Waffle nips at it and tackles it and generally just herds it.  He has a ball. (Pun shamelessly intentional.)  I think it's too big for him to bite and pop, and it's very soft so when I kick it into his face it doesn't hurt nearly as much as a soccer ball or something. 

EDIT:
If you can't shell out the $30-$50 for a Furminator, this is probably the next best thing.  My parents and my roommate call it "The Magic Brush".  It really is like magic!  It has 10-12 widely-spaced and tapered plastic teeth that don't hurt when rubbed against the skin.  It grabs the loose hair without pulling, and gets so much out.  I have the one for long coats, but I suppose the one for short coats would work just fine too.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rosie and Rocky had a circular cat toy that was a bit different than yours and they loved it! However.....the ball was on a track that was on top of the circle when the circle was flat on the floor. The track held the ball in place. They would pounce on it, hit it with their noses and really get it going. They loved it!!

They finally were able to grab the ball and pull it out of the track when they got strong enough. The ball was small enough that it would have gotten stuck in their throats or intestine, if it made it that far, so we threw the entire toy away. Be sure and watch your dog carefully if you have one of these. They were tons of fun but I really worried when I saw Rocky pop that ball right out of the track with his mouth!!
With the one I have, I have to work to pull the ball out. Waffle is so focused on the fact that the ball is moving that it doesn't occur to him that he can pull it out I guess. It's a shame you had to throw it away!
I had to work to get this one out also. In fact, I couldn't get it out!! So do be careful with the toy!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service