It has been 9 days now since my little girl was spayed and just yesterday I noticed some swelling on one side of her incision.  There is no redness or draining..., the incision itself looks great but I'm concerned about this recent swelling.  She had gotten a bit rowdy with my german shepherd in the past day or two so I'm thining that may have alot to do with it.  I am going to call my vet today and let them know but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.  We are in Michigan and having a snow/ice storm today so I really don't want to venture out but am concerned.  She is eating, playing, etc. normally.  The swelling is maybe about the size of a golfball and feels soft.  It's been really tough trying to keep her quiet these last few days! 

Views: 31408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's why we had to keep Kadi confined. I even boarded her at the vet an extra day before bringing her home. She takes 'FRAPing' to new levels. She doesn't just jump on our sofa, she dives for it from across the room and sometimes goes up over the back of it and down the back side! ROFL

Oh, and PS--don't feel bad for letting your girl play. When I worked for vets, we saw this all the time. Especially with male labs. We would get calls a couple of days after surgery swearing we didn't remove the testicles because of the seromas they developed!

HAHAHAHA!   Thanks for the visual of your Kadi diving from across the room.....I can just see her little legs flat out behind her while she's gliding through the air like a flying squirrel...lol....very funny!! 

That's exactly what she looks like!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service