So I feed Frank TOTW and I was wondering if anybody else who fed it has had a urinalysis done on their corgis since you began feeding the food. We were doing urinalyses in class today and I ran franks urine and he had A TON of crystals. The vet said it could be food related. He had a UA done last year (before on the food) and it was normal. Just wondering if anybody else has had a UA done after feeding TOTW and if crystals were found before I rush him to the vet for $200+ in tests. He shows no symptoms of a urinary tract infection or discomfort of any kind

Views: 7112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG! I can't believe that someone else has the same problem that I'm going through right now with my corgi, I started giving him TOTW. He shows no signs of having pain no whining of any sort until one day i noticed that he was standing in the peeing position for longer and usual. I let him in the house and he walked out on to the porch..then threw up three times. I took him to the emergency clinic and they had to do test to find out that he has bladder stones 3! I was shocked and very emotional. They have him on antibiotics now and I'm waiting on a urinary cutler they sent out to a lab to determine if its genetic or his diet (so they told me) they flushed out the stones that where obstructing his plumbing =(  They also let me know that there seems to be a lot of debris in his bladder that the antibiotics are suppose to dissolve. My bill was 1,612.85  devastating. From reading everyone who has feed their dog TOTW, this is an ongoing problem we need to warn people to save them from this =(

I actually don't think it was the food. I've been feeding it for over a year now and haven't had any further issues. The crystals also disolved on their own, no infection or anything and a follow-up UA a few months later came back clear. Who knows what caused the crystals to begin with, but since he's continued to be on the food with no problems I at least know it isn't that.

I suppose I'll have to wait for the lab results. =/

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service