I was "inspired" by Shannon's blog and decided to compile a list of things my corgis have destroyed over the years, feel free to post pics and share your stories. We all need a good laugh :)
Cell phone attena
heels on a pair of shoes
my sandals, favorite pair (of course)
dog bed, the corners, chewed holes in it.
carpet, berber carpeting.
a package of hamburger buns (he was sorry later for eating those four buns!! They did not agree with him at all)
We will see if Tucker adds to this list as the years go on, but hopefully not. :) Not sure what kind of michief he got into as a puppy since we have only had him 5 months. Makes one wonder!!
Two pair of sandals (one Teva, one imported leather)- in two days.
One set of earbuds (a piece is still missing.) sigh.
Many of my husband's socks.
Many, many toy mousies (they steal the cat's toys).
What is up with Lando Oliver and his empty toilet paper rolls, he eats it like it is a nice piece of rump steak.
at least they're cheap! mine shred paper and cardboard too. I don't know why.
Ellie has destroyed
AND.... A stuudent's report card and timber ruler ( I'm a taecher and snuck her in to school one day)
she's been a pretty good dog really!!!!!
Lucy is a mere 5 1/2 months old but has managed to leave her "mark" in many places throughout my apartment. I do keep her in an ex pen, in part because of her need to chew and destroy, and in part because of the cats. This keeps her destruction to a minimum. I also have kept my shoes inaccessible to my cats for years, so puppy does not have much access to them either, That said:
1. pair of Fit flops, that I still wear despite the tears and teeth marks.
2. corners of a favorite footstool and end table. Now I have moved those and replaced the end table with a very cheap table that I could care less about.
3. a corner of an antique book case (hence the ex pen)
4. 2 doggy beds, she is working on 3rd but it is proving to be more durable
5. toys she has promptly disemboweled with no shame (a chicken, a duck are two she particular went at)
6. a frog carcass she found on a walk (this is by far the grossest thing she has done!)
7. a pair of cropped pants (chasing me and biting at the hem and hanging on until it rips)
It is absolutely hilarious to see her with stuffing come out of her mouth when she has torn up a toy or a doggy bed. She reminds me of the puppy in the Grinch cartoon.
I just remind myself that she is doing what puppies do...and, yes, they are so dang cute!
Poopdeck is 2 now so he does not strike at random objects, but he still loves to pluck and disembowel any stuffed animal. I quit buying new beds, my only worry was if all would pass through---and it did! We painted hard surfaces with Tabasco; that worked. I always ended up laughing no matter what! Our fault for leaving something within reach--shame on us! (old enough to know better!)