I was "inspired" by Shannon's blog and decided to compile a list of things my corgis have destroyed over the years, feel free to post pics and share your stories. We all need a good laugh :)

1. Half a tub of drywall spackle
  2. 4 inches of baseboard
  3. licked a 3 inch hole in the kitchen wall (thru the crate)
  4. Three wooden baby gates
  5. Couple of pens
  6. A pair of chopsticks
  7. A Clicker
  8. A pair of Oakley's Clogs
  9. A pair of Teva Sandals
  10. Two Ps2 controller cord
  11. One Dance Dance Revolution Pad
  12. One Frisbee
  13. One Rattan Pet bed
  14. One RC Ferrari
  15. One Furminator Handle 
  16. One Sheepskin Rug (aspiring herding dog)
  17. One tennis ball (took 6 years)
  18. A dozen softoys

Views: 2104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I was out:      LOL!!

Several blankets on two beds along with sheets and mattress pad - one side only torn or with holes in them.

One soccer ball

July 4, 2009, MaGuire somehow got into my lower kitchen cupboard (first time in 2 years of living with me) while I was out watching fireworks.  He ate two bags of dark chocolate individually wrapped Dove pieces in foil.  I came home to a dry water dish, piles of dark vomit, pieces of foil and a Corgi sitting and shaking.  Off to the Vets at midnight.  He was given charcoal and put on an IV.  The Vet said it was a good thing he vomited as the caffeine could have given him a stroke or heart attack.  He came home late the next day.  The next few days were spent watching his poop (for foil) and monitoring his coughing the foil up.  Thankfully, he was ok.  What a guy!!!  After the "chocolate experience", MaGuire was kenneled in his "safe place" (the crate) while I was gone.  With Classical music to soothe him, of course!!

1. 2 factory remotes (tv, digital cable)
2. $100 universal remote (luckily got on sale for 60)
3. computer cord
4. 2 corners of baseboard
5. couple pieces of mail/paper
6. 1 entire pack of toilet paper (even peed on the plastic) in once sitting
7. 1 toy box
8. corner of couch cushion
9. couple packs of those things you use to role coins
10. 1/2 small tub of potato salad (what was left of it)
11. couple of panties
12. couple of plastic hangers
13. 1 sweater (holes down one arm)
14. pulled up some linoleum in pen area
15. 2 collars
16. and a couple tv series/dvd/game cases (disks spared)
17. any toys that my dads dog started destroying first, otherwise they are really good at not destroying them.
Wow never seemed that bad till you reflect and start listing it all down. Mind you i have 2 of them and they just turned a year, and includes the puppy chewing stage and teaching them to free roam while we are out stage.

Gromit's hit list isn't all that bad compared to some Corgis I know:

Debbie's glasses (argggghhh!)

several flip flop sandals (it happens)

three legs on dining table chairs (more argggghhh!)

an assortment of area rugs and door mats (sigh)

baseboards in three or four places (re-paint, no biggie)

blankets, assorted (Grrr)

multiple Scotch Tape dispensers (at least he didn't eat them)

dog brushes, rakes (well, they are dog items)

ramp up to the doggie door (glad he didn't get splinters from the plywood)

Debbie has one room of the house as her art and craft studio.  Stuff falls on the floor all the time and number of small items demolished by now is beyond counting now.  I'm just waiting for Deb to drop a $30 paint brush and not notice.  "Mr. Goat Mouth" Corgi better hide then.

I don't count our poor mini-wiener dog Holly's squeaky toys, which have been decimated.  They always lasted her for months but when Gromit came along the life expectancy of a squeaky toy went from months to about 5 minutes after Holly put it down and Gromit got it.  Holly's favorites are little stuff mallards and for some reason Gromit always pulls their heads off.  Very gruesome but at least there is only squeaky guts and no blood.

Poodeck always goes for the squeaker first. Then someone made the comment "well, of course, that the heart"! Now that's gruesome---who has those kind of thoughts???
I don't have an exact count on a few items, but maybe it's better that way. :)

- 2 crate pads

- 2 holes in the carpet, one in the hallway one in the living room.

- A few doggie t-shirts.

- a pair of undies.

- a frisbee.

- at least 7 collars.

- 3 rope tug toys.

- 2 Kong wubbas.

- 1 doggie bed.

- 1 new box of Kleenex.

- a blanket.

- stuffed toys including two sheep, a lion, fish, star, pig, fox, bones, and countless other victims. Not even a dozen of those "Tuffy" toys could stand up against the destructive powers of Ashton. There are a few toys that were fortunate enough to escape with only the loss of an eye, ear or nose. Luckily for the tennis balls they were able to roll to safety under beds and other furniture to avoid the massacre.

I have two year-old cardis.

Um, let's see:

Every toy except red kongs (including all the cats' toys)

flip flop

edges of three oriental rugs

2 holes in wall-to-wall carpet

legs on wooden bench

kitchen cabinets - chewed lower corners and banged up drawers

hand-hooked wool footstool

expensive sweetgrass coaster

USB camera cable

cell phone charger

battery cover to cell phone

socks

undies

pajama bottoms

husband's briefcase

bottom ripped out of wingchair in bedroom

....and my favorite:  my kid's homework (really)

I probably missed something.

Our list is very extensive, although she destroyed most of it the first few months.  She joined us at 8 months old with no indoor experience and still teething. 

- two laptops (she chewed the cords while they were plugged in, shorting out the hard drives/batteries/etc)

-a whole wicker furniture set (2 tables, 1 couch, 2 chairs)

-the side of a wooden chest

-4 kitchen rugs

-several game controllers

-some blankets

-too many toys (hers and Eric's - she loves legos)

-wall trim

-2 wooden doors

-sandals (hubby's favorite ones)

-a leather couch

-several food/water bowls

-2 leashes

We have a feeling there's more, but that's all we could come up with.  Luckily she only destroyers her own toys now.

oops- I remembered that we had tried a doggy bed when we first got her.  She unzipped it with her teeth and proceeded to rip apart the foam core.  She also left lasting scars in our son's bed, ate a whole in it. 

We still can't leave hangers on the floor, they are chew toys.

oiy, we were lucky with the laptop cord. It was not plugged into the wall or the laptop, but had fallen onto the floor. So nothing was damaged but the power cord itself (not the laptop and thankfully not the dog!) but it was still $100 to replace it...

The only thing that she actually destroyed beyond use was a mobile charger.  Stuff that she chewed and not supposed to will be

1. Sofa

2. Wooden flooring

3. Wooden dinning chair

4. Towel

5. 3 pairs of crocs shoes

1. Dozens of Stockings

2. Dozens of Socks---they are so cute when they take them off my feet, but I pay for it, it is tug of war after that.

3. Dry wall was a big hit when they were puppies.

4. Laptop cord

5. Door Trim

6. Landscaping-dug a hole many times to China

7. Landscape grass-laid it all out flat-must have been cool on the belly, until the grass died.

8. 2 chair legs

9. 2 rugs

10. 1 pet bed

-My brothers $300 prescription glasses

-several cds and cd cases

-1 king size down comfortor

-chewed a hole in the carpet

-1 large bag of trail mix with raisins ($$$$$ vet visit to follow)

-20 rocks....not so much destroyed as ingested (several $$$$$ vet visits for these)

-himself (broken foot, 3 torn toenails, ate a bee, jumped out an open car window, etc, etc, etc)

-many loofas (I started buying them as toys for him he loves them so much!)

-anything cardboard or paper left on the coffee table

-several sweatshirt sleeves

-3 couch pillows

-countless toys and tennis balls

-my wallet (both literally and figuratively)

SOOOO glad he is over that phase in his life! I can now thoroughly enjoy him and afford him! :-)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service