Well, in all honesty there are A MILLION reasons why I love my dog, but this is just one of them. Yesterday our buildings were getting new gutters and the maintenance guys were all over the place. They were in and out of our backyards and front yards etc. Well I come home yesterday to find my back gate was left WIDE OPEN!!! Franklin was sitting looking out the gate contemplating his future when I came home and ran over very excited to see me. I get home later and know the gate had to have been open for several hours. If this situation would have occured when I still had Kirby I can promise you he would have been miles away by the time I came home. I am so proud of Franklin for knowing a fence is not to be crossed even with a wide opening! I've always said he would never leave the yard, but this has never actually been tested. Now I can know with certainty that my boy will keep himself safe. I still called and left a very upset message with my managers because so much could have gone wrong with this scenario. A couple of buildings over there is an incredibly aggressive dog, if that dog was out it could have easily gotten in my yard (or house with my dog door!) and caused some serious damage to my pets. There is also a busy street a few blocks over. They are continuing to work on the buildings today, I'm going to lock all the pets inside until I come home just in case. But man oh man I love my pup! Such a good boy!

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great! Had a similar experience growing up. We left for a night to my grandma's house and the dog had free reign of the yard and garage. When we came home the side gate was wide open and he was just sitting in the middle of the driveway waiting. Who knows how long that gate was open!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service