i was wondering is it really necessary to teach baden tricks? he know commands on/off leash. comes when called and he has to sit for everything and plays fetch. i have tried to teach him "down" but he just dosnt get it...so im wondering if its really a big deal if he dosnt know any tricks? i guess i just feel bad because i see all these other corgis at 9weeks knowing all sorts of things while baden is 8months and just knows commands but only sit for a trick

teddy knew all kinds of tricks, my favorite was wave bye bye and i cant remember how i taught him

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol yes that where i have been trying but he trys so hard to not side back lol i agree a dog with more obedience is way better than one who only knows fancy tricks but i guess i just feel like not as good an owner when they dont do anything special, you know what i mean?

he is a great dog and knows his manors and does all the important ones but when people ask what he can do its like "uhhh well he can sit"  and they look at me like i dont take the time to teach him anything cool but their dog is on a flexi running all over the store barking at people and not listening while Baden sits perfectly by my side until they are done petting him.

Becca and I work on tricks for the bonding and mental stimulation. She teases to do her "homework". We generally review the same time each evening. It is funny, she HATES down stay, but can master a trick in a day or two. Dog class, currently "Fur Fun" , is a favorite time for her. She now recognizes the route to class.

Down was one of the harder things to teach her. She hates to do it. As far as she is concerned, you lay down to sleep and chew on bones, nothing else...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service