Finnigan is due for his shots this month and I was curious, if a dog has not had a bad reaction to vaccinations in the past is it still possible for them to have a reaction from future shots? It seems unlikely to me that they would suddenly have an adverse reaction when they previously were unaffected by the vaccines but I could be wrong.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you know which vaccination caused the reaction? I know it's not common but Finn is not common either. From his birth until now, nothing has been simple. I figure if it can happen, it will happen to Finn. I know that's a little extreme but going by his track record I don't think it's unreasonable to be worried.

How long after the shots did it take Rocky to show symptoms?
Finn had his shots two hours ago and s acting totally normal, chewing and paying. He has a warm nose but that's it. He got the Rabies and Parvo/Distember combo. He had the Bordatella vaccine a year ago but we opted not to get it again. The vet said they really only recommend it for boarding an that the groomers and dog park aren't a big concern. We don't board so we skipped that shot. Now we're good for three years!

I competely forgot while we were there to ask about heart worms. We've never addressed that with them and I don't know when he needs to be tested or anything. I'm not even sure how big of a concern it is in Arizona. I should really start making a list of questions before we go to the vet.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service