In honor of Mocha, I am starting a bucket list for Vienna as well. She was diagnosed with stage 5 lymphoma today. Please take a look at Mocha's list and share your suggestions on this one. I will post a picture / video as I complete each one.

Update Aug 1, 11:02pm

Dear Corgi friends,

I am overwhelmed with your love, prayers and support. Thank you for taking time to write me, I cherish each thoughtful message / reply. Please forgive me, for I cannot reply every message at this time.

To answer some of your questions. My vet was just as shocked as we were. Mocha and Vienna were born in different parts of Florida to 2 different breeders / parents and time of the year. We have never lived in a hazard area or purposely expose ourselves to cancer causing agent. Due to the cancer had already spread to the bone marrow (stage 5), chemo will not guarantee longer or better quality of life. We like to respectfully decline any financial assistance. However, we like to take this opportunity to encourage you to donate to Corgipals, Sunshine Corgi Rescue, ForPaws and CorgiAid. Open your hearts for a rescue corgi or volunteer to become a foster parent / transport.

Life is never fair, sometimes even cruel. I don't blame God or anyone for the recent events. My faith remain strong, I believe He will continue to provide me with strength to carry on. My wife and I had ran out of tears, perhaps still in shock. We think the best use of our time now is to focus on "Living and celebrate Vienna's life". Corgi nation is closer than ever, let us continue to help one another, be kind and pay it forward.

Love,

Sam, Silvia & Vienna

Dec 23rd 2012 Update

Hello Corgi Friends,

Our beloved Vienna joined Mocha at the rainbow bridge 3 days ago, 1 day before the Mayan calendar ends. 

It's been very difficult coming home without the barking, especially the lack of jingling sound from her collar. We miss having our kitchen floor clean , we miss her drive by licking and nose nudges during dinner time.

We find ourselves staring at the ground level constantly, hoping to find her beautiful smile. Everywhere we look brought back sweet memories.

No, we will never forget them, the holes in our hearts will never be filled, nor another dog will replace their place in our hearts, but in time, our hearts will heal. 

Mocha and Vienna were our kids, the first 10 years of our marriage foundation. They have taught us so much and preparing us for human kids of our own someday. Until then, we will continue to foster and placing rescue corgis in need.

Thank you for your messages and walking this journey with us. Y'all gave us strength, comfort and hope. We will be absent for a lil bit after the holidays, to get away, recharge and heal. Life is short, please hug your corgis, give them a real piece of juicy meat, take lots of picture / videos, go and create more memories.

Happy Holidays! Blessings to you all!

Love

Sam & Silvia

Views: 5531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry about Mocha and Vienna. You are in our prayers.

I can not believe that this has happened.  I had to read your post twice.  I cried when I read about Mocha, then I cried again yesterday when I read about Vienna.  My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family.  And I know you will wrap Vienna in a warm blanket of Love to help her through this!  Bless you, Bless you!!!!!

I read about Mocha and now Vienna. You and your family are in our prayers. I admire how strong you and your family are. Once again, you are in our prayers.

I am just speechless as to what to say to you, Sylvia and Vienna, I am just so very sorry and my heart aches for you both.  Cancer is cruel, it comes from no where and no one is to blame.  Our English Setter Squirt has hemo...sarcoma, he had a 5# tumor removed with his spleen 2 years ago and has been on a new oral chemo routine since then, it is a miracle he is still with us as this is a quick death cancer.  I hope its the new protocol, all the herbs I give him and his stubborness that has kept him with us.  He has been living a bucket list ever since!  Because of this we truely understand the shock, panic, worry and pain of our best friends with uncurable problems.  Know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers!

From the Bauer family:  Nancy, Brian, Grandma Carol, Squirt, Katie, Jack and angels Emma Anne & Travis the lab

"Sorry" is far too small a word to convey the depth of feeling Bertie, Ethel and I want to convey, but there really are no better words. Our Corgi and human hearts ache for you all. Our bucket list would just include spending as much time together as we can. We are thinking of you all.

I'm so sorry...I would do whatever is Vienna's favorite thing. Becca votes for bully sticks and Frosty Paws. I think those turtle things look interesting.

Sam, it's hard to believe that this is happening. I got teary eyed hearing about Mocha and now Vienna. Too hard to even comprehend how this could happen again. What is so heartening is all the support that MyCorgi folks are showing. We are all one big Corgi family. We will continue to be supportive and send corgi hugs and smiles to you and Sylvia. Hope to see you at the corgi picnic! p.s. Milo had his vet appt last week with Dr. Thomson and he's great. Thanks for the recommend. I let him know about Mocha - he remembered you.

I am so sorry, Sam.  I remember when you first started this website.  And now my Kiki is 7.  This is why we need to hold them close and share all the time we have with our corgibabies. 

I think peanut butter is a must.  My Kiki loves ice from the ice dispenser and she loves baby carrots.  I would take Vienna to the places she most likes.  If there is a good dog park near you, and she can handle it, take her to visit with other dogs.  Take lots of pictures.  And be there till the bitter end.

my deepest condolences,

Cynthia Lasley

Sidney loves grilled chicken and grilled cheese sandwiches. But I think his favorite treat ever is when I make chicken noodle soup. I make the stock by simmering the bones from a whole roasted chicken. I simmer that stock for hours, and then add carrots, peas and egg noodles. He will stare and drool until I let him have the last bit. I think Vienna would love some home made chicken soup!

Has she ever been to someplace where she can herd sheep or goats? Some kind of light comes on in Sidney's eyes when he gets to go boss his "sheepies" around.

It's crazy how life works out sometimes.  Stay strong in love.  I like that you will both concentrate on celebrating life.  I think that is the best thing you can do...and I kow that Vienna will now and forever, love you for it.

Sam, I'm floored and heartbroken. I'm praying for all of you. And for Vienna...bacon, peanut butter, and love.

I am so sorry for your loss and for the second round of bad news.  Sometimes our daily lives are so busy we forget to live in the moment. Life with a dog is short enough already, but, news such as this serves to put all things in perspective.  We will be keeping Mocha, Vienna and your family in our thoughts as we go about our daily life.  We will stop and smell the roses, dig in the mole hills and roll in wonderfully smelly stuff as it brings great joy and gets the stubby little nub a waggling. We will never try to forget that each day is precious.  So, Vienna, I hope you get to do all that your little heart desires.  Which is probably, first and foremost,  just hanging with the family.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service