I usually stuff Becca's Kongs with peanut butter and a treat then freeze them. Occasionally I use Honest Kitchen instead of peanut butter. I'd like to mix it up a little now that I'm back teaching all day. Any suggestions?

*Plain yogurt is one of the few foods she doesn't like.

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just be careful with marrow bones if your dog is a heavy chewer. I used to give Franklin raw knuckle bones and the one he broke his tooth on I am suspecting was more part of the femur bone and less of the actual top portion or "knuckle". Marrow bones do not splinter and if your dog can make then splinter than he/she is very likely to break a tooth on one. Kongs or Kong genius toys are much safer as far as teeth are concerned. I tend to stuff a Kong genius toy, its in the shape of a cylinder with flaps on both ends so it is a bit harder to get stuff out of than a kong and takes much longer

http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Genius-Mike-Large-Colors/dp/B003JVDV5S/r...

I have several of the genius, you can link some of them together. I put kibble in them and Snickers pushes them all over the house.

I don't think Tom's a major chewer, he still has all his toys from when he was a wee little baby in good condition, but I get too worried about hurting him with good intentions. I think I will try the genius toy out first and see if he likes it.

I have a Kong genius as well. I've never stuffed it with PB though, just kibble. I need to find some things that are long lasting. She was naughty today, chewed an ice pack, cat feather wand, then pulled the labels off the lizard tank. Chewed those too. She seems to destroy things between when the dog sitter comes and I get home. I always think I've put everything out of reach, then she proves me wrong.

I will mix a little bit of peanut butter with kibble or treats and stuff that in the genius toy. Seems to last longer than a normal Kong and Franklin is the master of Kongs lol. Does she like the Himalayan chews? Those seem to last a while. After having Kirby, I have to say, its not going to matter if you give her 20 hours worth of treat toys, if she has separation anxiety and has the desire to chew she will ignore the treat toys to go chew. Kirby always had a ton of things to keep him busy and he would still chew carpets, beds, towels, the fence, anything he could reach in his pen. I set up Skype one time and watched him after I left and the minute I left he ingored the treat toys and started chewing and behaving badly. She may just need to have more restricted space and work up to more room again.

She was doing great until this week. Everything up until now was my fault for forgetting it, or the cat's for knocking it down. The past two days I have had to stay at work 2+ hours longer than normal. I hope I have just pushed it too far. I'm going to try and get home earlier tomorrow. I need to check with her walker also. If the chewing is happening between her walk and my return, then I will have her crate Becca when she leaves.

The Himalayan chews only last a couple of hours, hard to justify the price. She enjoys antlers and rawhide though.

A cat will do it every time.

I use mushy vienna sausages because the more they lick the more it pushes into the kong. However, it's super messy and MUST be dishwashered after.

If I tried using vienna sausages I'd probably end up eating them. Those things are delicious. 

I fill several kongs at once and freeze. I usually mixture hard cheese, cottage cheese, kibble, fresh vegies and peanut butter, to seal. It keeps them busy longer than any other chew toy and has held up to constant use. I separate my corgis before giving them the kongs.

If stuff ours' with rolled-up $1 bills.  They go through money so fast, I figure that's what they like best.

I know right? I should buy stock in Buddy Biscuits. Happily Target now sells them for much less than the pet stores. I think I may have to buy the other Kong Genius this weekend.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service