I've been reading on this site about groups that meet up regularly at a park or something with their corgis to socialize, let their dogs play, exchange info, and in general just have a howlin' good time. I know that by looking I'm about on average 2 to 3 hours from everyone in this group. I'm in Williamstown, WV- on the border of Marietta, Ohio. maybe we could arrange to meet every few months and find a central location. Let me know what you guys think.

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

I love the idea. I live in Canton. I'm 2 hours from Columbus and I think about 2 hours from WV. I recently started looking for Corgi groups in my area but haven't found anything I'm interested in. We just want to play and have fun. I do have Sheff socialized with other dogs but I don't know of anyone else who has a Corgi. I can't believe there aren't that many around...they are such great dogs!
I'm so glad to hear you're interested. I haven't found any in my area either. Desmond always tries to get the cat to play but unfortunately for Des he is non-participatory. I imagine we would have to wait 'til Spring when the weather is a little friendlier and maybe by then we can find others that are interested and find a convenient place for all to meet. I figured a picnic type deal and as it grows with enough people we can have things like silly contests etc for the dogs. Do you have any ideas about ways we can get the word out in our areas?
i think that would be fun, too. we could socialize our dogs and make new friends. i live an hour north of columbus.
Yeah! A group of corgis in Central Ohio! I live in Newark, Ohio which is 30 minutes east of Columbus. I was reading about get togethers, and it sounds great....but a my work schedule would probably be the damper. I only have Sundays off, and would need to try someplace close the first couple of times. Duncan, he HATES car rides and Chloe, my corgi/chow rescue, I'm leery of her meeting strange dogs. So, someplace close in case I have an issue with Chloe would have to be my first start. \

Duncan is always interested in other dogs to play with, but the ones in our area are big dogs; which he doesn't like. Or, they are pit bulls or pit bull mixes, which has me worried. So, maybe, we can have a couple of get togethers. Maybe that way, Duncan will learn to like car rides and Chloe won't be so aggressive towards other dogs.
If you go to cahs-pets.org, it's a local humane society in Hilliard, Ohio. If you browse the site, there's a few links of dog parks around central Ohio. I've gone to the one in Gahanna before. It's a nicely sized fenced in park with a small agility course, and there's an area for big dogs and small dogs. :)
I've even thought about having a meet up in my yard. It's about 50 x 100 with a two ponds. One pond is for us to enjoy, and the other is for my chorgi (corgi/chow mix). She likes to "fish" and we had one made just for her so that she can catch her own goldfish without falling into the bigger pond and tearing the liner.

I know that Duncan wouldn't be a problem as far as other dogs go, but, my chorgi, I just really found out will not tolerate another dog. That's the problem with rescues, you don't know how they will react until you come across the situation. That's what is funny, she wasn't aggressive towards Duncan when we had our meet up before we took her. In fact, she gave him a sniff and walked away. So, it was a surprise to me last week, when she was at the vets, and two hyper dogs when by, she started after them. I had to jerk her leash twice, to get her attention back towards me.
I love the idea also... I'm in Zanesville, about an hour east of columbus and an hour and a half west of the WV border I think... I've never been to any social gatherings where I could bring my dog and he'd have others to meet and play with! Sounds fun!
for those that are north of columbus, there's the alum creek dog park. they also have separate big dog and little dog sections. but beware... if it's rainy, this is what you will contend with:

I'm interested but am West of Cleveland. From the sounds of it..I'm probably the furthest from the Columbus area. It sounds fun..just hope I could make it.
Is there anything in the works with a meeting for our dogs and us? I have been away from the site for awhile due to not having internet at home... Hope some of you remember me slightly at least and keep me updated! :) Poor Ludo has been so lonely lately and I think a playtime would do him a lot of good! :)
We live in Columbus and would be interested in Corgi meetups :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service