I saw 9 over the weekend and I must say I was a little disappointed. The characters were awesome and visually it was amazing but the story was lacking. It felt rushed and a bit repetitive and lacked build up. The later half started to pick up and seemed promising up until the ending which I thought could have been better. It's definitely worth seeing but expect it to be dark. This is not a kid's movie. Between the dead bodies including that of a baby and the robotic monsters, this is definitely a movie for adults.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

My son and I have been wanting to see this movie ever since we saw the short movie. Unfortunately, my local theater informed me that its a "limited" release and they're not currently showing it. The next closest theater is 75 miles away :(
After reading many disapointing reviews I went into 9 not expecting very much. Needless to say I was pleasantly suprised. You could tell it was meant to be a short story not an actual movie. The movie was great up until they tried to start the storyline near the end. It definetly wasn't a kids movie which was awesome! The attention to detail was amazing, it's the little things that count. Go see it for the graphics alone, it's a great ride even if the storyline is slacking. Especially if anyone are Fallout fans!
Exactly, visually it is amazing and that makes up for the rest. The first thing my husband said when we left the movie was that he wants 9 figurines. Those little guys were pretty awesom, epsecially the twins.
I've been seeing the previews at the movies for a couple of months and I pretty much could tell that I wasn't going to go see it. The art is really cool but I would not pay "going to the theater money" to see it. DVD worthy maybe... It has all the appeal of a cool dark sci-fi movie but there is something about it that missed the mark and didn't peak my interest.
Now AVATAR!!!! That is going to be a "going to the theater and maybe splurge for IMAX if offered" movie.
Really? I'm not sure about Avatar. I never got into it and when I saw the previews I couldn't tell what was going on so it seemed a little too crazy. I would definitely rent it but probably not see it on the big screen.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service