im in san antonio going to school. we have a 4 month old pembroke. we go to mcallister dog park almost every other day in the afternoons. cody loves that place. hope to see you there sometime cause i have only seen one corgi out of the 20ish times i been going there.

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

We go to the Old Pearsall Rd. dog park a lot. We live on Lackland AFB so it's really close. Never been to the new one. But I'm sure we'll go one day! :)
Ok, went to Mcallister yesterday and there were a LOT of dogs there. I would say it's about the same size as Old Pearsall dog park and has some of the same equipment and water fountain. The main difference is instead of grass there's woodchips and the amount of dogs there. Since it's 22 miles away I think we'll stick with Old Pearsall which is less than 5 miles away. :)
We try to go to McAllister Dog Park two-three times a month...usually on Saturdays around noon. Only seen another corgi there twice. Hope to see more in the future.
we hope to take ein there this weekend if the weather permits :) the last time we went we met another corgi there so we hope next time we go there will only be more! hope to see you around sometime!
i try to take cody twice a week. we hardly see any corgis. cody has been acting up though lately so we havnt been going as much. he's so protective of sticks and tennis balls. if other dogs come by to sniff, he gets upset and snaps. :[ he was never like that a few months ago. PLUS he wants to run around and chase dogs but other owners dont like their dogs being chased at or being bothers by him when he wants to play. :/
Max was scared of the park at first...very anti-social. When dogs came to sniff him, he would get scared and attempt to snap but we would correct him and now he's getting better. When we do see corgis there, Max always wants to play with them...he only does this with other corgis though- I guess because they're the same size lol.

What part of town do you all live? I've mentioned to Melissa (above) that we should have a play date. We have a backyard so they could be off-leash. Just let us know.
aww boo hiss! we went to the dog park last sunday and ein had a ball. he just loves interacting with other dogs even though the majority want nothing to do with him. it's mostly the puppies that care to play. we're heading out of town this weekend so maybe next? or even take stephanie and rudy up on their offer of a home play date. either way we should definitely meet up! keep me posted!!!
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that you can add the McAllister Dog Park on Myspace :) Here's the site!!!

www.myspace.com/mcallisterdogpark
I'll be there tomorrow around 5, I'm hoping Cloud and I can start going a couple times a week now that my work schedule is stable. Hope to see some of you guys there!
I'll be driving up there this Friday. I'll most likely be at Mcallister park some time on Saturday with Kupo and his little son.
Hey Guys! Just saw this event for this Saturday, March 21, 2009! Hope to see some Corgi's there...

3rd Annual Kite Festival & Dog Fair

The San Antonio Friends of the Parks, an affiliate membership organization of the San Antonio Parks Foundation produces the Annual Kite Festival and Dog Fair, “A Fest of Tails” to celebrate the arrival of spring and family fun in the park. The Third Annual free event takes place Saturday, March 21st, from 10:00am to 3:00pm at McAllister Park, near the Starcrest entrance, and welcomes kite and dog enthusiasts and spectators from near and far. The event will showcase live music, arts and crafts, dogs of all sizes and breeds, and a sky full of kites! Everyone, young and old, is encouraged to bring a blanket and lawn chair to watch the spectacular air show, or favorite kite and participate in the community flying exhibition. Kites will also be available for purchase at the Festival.

While looking up at the sky, don’t forget to look down at the third annual Dog Fair. You won’t want to miss the popular pooch parade with prizes awarded for ‘best dressed dog.’ Be sure to bring your pooch in their favorite costume and enjoy the 1 1/2 acre fenced dog park. Information on pet registration and pet adoption services will be available and pet supply vendors will be on hand.

In case of rain the event will be held Saturday, March 28, same location, same time.

Where: McAllister Park

When: March 21, 2009 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
see you guys there!!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by