Wondering when the best times/places for everyone to meet up would be.

We know some of the members have recently had their babies spayed/nuetered so this might be a while in the future but still thought I would see what everyone thought.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

It would be easiest for us to meetup on weekends or perhaps late Friday afternoons.

We are in Englewood (just south of Venice and about an hour from Sarasota) but would not mind to drive an hour or so for a meetup so that we could get the most people able to come.
We are pretty flexible --- we are in Parrish, but willing to drive south for a meet up. Week day or weekend will work for us.
Unfortunately, I work until 5-5:30 Mon-Fri. But anytime in the evening or weekend will work for us. It would be nice to let the dogs be off their leashes for the visit. The only dog park that I know of that is a nice place for puppies and people is in Punta Gorda. I have no idea if there is one in Englewood or Sarasota. Does anyone else know of another dog park?

Venice dog beach is nice, but I worry about letting Molly off her leash. She has very selective hearing when other dogs are around. :)
We haven't been to the 17th Street park yet (in Sarasota) but I have heard it is very nice, and fenced in. Here is some further information on it: http://www.dogster.com/local/FL/Sarasota/Veterinarians/17th_street_...
There are a few more parks in Sarasota, but that is the only one I know of that is fenced in.

We would also feel more comfortable somewhere fenced in. The Englewood dog park, near Suncoast Humane Society, is nice and fenced in but it is very open (not much shade or seating for the doggie parents).
17th Street Park sounds good to me. We are always up for new places.
We are in North Port, would love to get together in the evenings or weekends and are open to new places. We have enjoyed dog beach in Venice and have had fun hanging out with our dogs at Panera. Can't wait to meet all those other corgis!
I should add that I teach a class the 2nd Sat.of each month, so I wouldn't be available those days.
It doesn't look like having a meetup October the 18th is working for many of you so perhaps we could try for the following Saturday, the 25th, instead? We would still like to go to the 17th Street Park in Sarasota. You can just post on here if you would be able to go. Hopefully this will work better.
We had Oct.18th on our calendar and planned on attending. The 25th will probably not work for us because it is our daughter's 21st b-day weekend and we have people coming in from out of state. But we would love to try another time. Also the 25th is Howl O Ween in Sarasota which is a really fun event for dogs and their owners.
We're game for anything just let us know what works for everyone else.
OK, so we're back on for October 18th at 17th Street Park in Sarasota. I am sure we will schedule another one after for anyone who can't make it. Hope to see you there :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service