Hello fellow corgi lovers!
It is just 7 days until I bring my little miss Bandit home. She will be almost 9 weeks old. I feel like I am prepared, but I figured I would give a run down of what I have and see what other advice I could get. I want to be as prepared as possible for my little baby.
- crate in living room (with divider)
- crate in bedroom (with divider, just for sleeping)
- travel crate for car
- collars (flat collar for ID, martingale collar for walks)
- 6 foot leash
- 15 foot training leash
- baby gates
- exercise pen
- food (food she is currently being fed and what I plan on transitioning her to)
- food storage container
- stainless steel food and water bowls
- toys (kong, sqeaky toys, rope toys, balls, plush toys)
- Nature's miracle
- lots of paper towels!
- doggy poo bags and refills
- treats and training treats (mostly Blue, Natural Balance LID, and Old Mother Hubbard)
- blankets for her crates, once I know she won't soil them or chew on them
- puppy shampoo (TropiClean Hypo-Allergenic Puppy)
- kong zoom groom
- purchasing furminator as adult coat comes in
- vet appointment for 3 days after she is home
- toothpaste and toothbrush
- nail clippers and dremel (going to stick with the clippers until she is acclimated to the dremel)
- all cords tucked away and cleaning supplies stored high in cabinets
- scissors by trash to cut all bags
- charged camera and camcorder to capture all of these memories
I did also wonder if I should get her used to me cleaning her ears from such a young age, or if I should just get her used to me touching them, so that cleaning will be easier when the time comes. Other than the Zoom Groom, I haven't purchased any other combs/brushes so I would love some recommendations as far as that is concerned!
Do I have all the bases covered? What else should I consider getting before puppy comes home?