Hello every one,

Im just letting you all know whats going on with JD, he had to be rushed to Des Moines on saturday morning. His immune-system started attacking the red blood cells last Saturday. (The red blood count is suppose to be at a 32% and he was at a 6% when we got him in.) We took him to our normal vet in Pella, He thought that he had gotten a hold of something or ate something that he shouldnt have (he has done that before to). So we went all week with him just laying around, Sleeping, not really even moving a whole lot. And if any of you guys have seen him or know him you know that aint him. So come this past Saturday we took him in to the vet at pella again and at this point he was only 23 lb. and his ears, nose, and gums were a pail white.

They told me that he was animic needed a blood trans-fusion, and that if he did he would have a 50-50 shot of comming out of it. He has been up there since Saturday. And his blood count is at a 17% now! His count was a 15% after the first and only trans fusion that he has gotten so far. JD is also on a couple of drugs to supress the immune- system and an antibiotic. The specailast are suppose to see him today and he MIGHT be able to come home today.

I will keep you all up to date as i can. Please hope and pray for my lil JD to get better, he is my first dog and I dont want to lose him like this.

Thank you all,



I just heard from the vet, they said that he is responding well to the trans-fusion but they found him breathing a bit weaird last night and found that he has some fluid around his lungs (not alot but some), they dont know if its blood or just fluid. They are going to drain it out and test it to see where it is and hopefully stop it. and The other thing is that he seams a bit depressed to them, so my husband is up there right now visiting with him hope fully to kick him out of it. And if every thing goes ok he MIGHT get to come home tomorrow.

At first they quoted us at about $1,800 to get him better but i dont know what its going to be now. No matter what it takes or what i have to do im going to get him better no matter the cost.

thanks to every one for the comments, thoughts, and prayers.

Thanks again,


Views: 23


You need to be a member of MyCorgi.com to add comments!

Join MyCorgi.com

Comment by Kristin, Honey, and Hooch on December 1, 2009 at 3:01am
Poor JD... I really hope he feels better as soon as possible, it sounds like he's having a really rough time. :( Vet bills are terrible, but losing a best friend is considerably more terrible, of course. I'm sure you'll do everything you can to help him out of this. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and hoping he gets better soon. It's so tough having a pet who is seriously ill, so try to take care of yourself as well. Please update us when you have more information!
Comment by Aj on November 30, 2009 at 4:35pm
Feel better JD.
Comment by Jennifer Markley on November 30, 2009 at 1:09pm
I am hoping for the best for you guys...keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Comment by John Wolff on November 30, 2009 at 12:53pm
Hope he's OK. This stress must me horrible for you.
That's useful information about the pale gums as a sign of anemia or perhaps shock or other circulation failure.
My best to you.
Comment by Jessica Lea & Sydney on November 30, 2009 at 12:48pm
Sheila, I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending positive, healing thoughts to JD and hope he continues to improve.
Comment by Jessica on November 30, 2009 at 12:41pm
Wishing you the best JD. Hope that he's healthy enough to come home today!
Comment by Stanley & Charlotte on November 30, 2009 at 12:10pm
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I hope JD has a speedy recovery. Stay strong!
Comment by Sam Tsang on November 30, 2009 at 12:06pm
You got it Sheila, we'll keep JD in our prayer

Rescue Store

Stay Connected


FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...



© 2019   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service