We picked Morna up at the airport in Charleston yesterday afternoon and got home about 7pm. Morna slept in her crate in the car...no car sickness, yay!!. We took her out of the crate and let her roam around to explore her new home some, and then set up her playpen area. We put her in it an gave her food and water, her bed and her toy that was sent with her along with a new one.

She took one sip of water, sniffed her food, grabbed her toy and started playing with it. Because I put her food and water dishes in the pen without the stand for them (stupid move), she promptly had the water and food bowls spilled and we had puppy mush! It seems that whatever the book says about the pen, Morna is not happy in it unless it's where we are.

She was tentative around the big dog (Bear) at first but then wanted to play, but Bear isn't happy with a new puppy and kept sitting with her back turned to everyone. No damage to the puppy, but I think Bear will need a little extra attention.

On to the cats... they didn't know what to make of this little thing (she's smaller than they are)... and kept hissing at her but thankfully they have no claws so she was fairly safe from them. She didn't eat much last night, but we put her in the crate in our room about 10:00 and we all went to bed. She slept all night until 7 this morning when she was awake and ready for a new day.

She has already gone out and went potty, came in, drank some water, ate some of her food, chased the cats, made Bear want to go back in to Sharon's bedroom, and has emphatically made known that she does not like the harness. I'm leaving it on her because of using the leash for bathroom runs, and it takes a little bit for me to get in on her yet.

Right now we are in the computer room... my husband is at his computer, Bear has taken refuge right at my side but between Lou and I, Reggie (male cat..bigger than Morna) is on my daughter's computer chair, and Freya (female cat) is who knows where.

Morna curls up about a yard from me near the door, but keeps whining and then goes exploring, so until we get her totally housebroken (or close), we brought the playpen in here. She's got her water (in the stand...no spilling), 2 toys and her bed.

We are taking her outside on the leash every hour and a half and right after I hear/see her drinking or eating. Hopefully this will work to get her totally house trained quickly. Any hints would be happily accepted.

As soon as I have a chance, I'll take pictures and post them.

Views: 53


You need to be a member of MyCorgi.com to add comments!

Join MyCorgi.com

Comment by Jill and JOSIE on January 31, 2009 at 9:17pm
So excited for you guys!! Keep us posted, as you are about to set forth on a BIG adventure!!
Comment by Matt & Hilliary on January 30, 2009 at 1:20pm
I was about to say, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES, but then you addressed that :p Sounds like normal settling in process, and hopefully soon everyone will be getting along. Congrats on bringing her home. We're going to pick up Optimus tomorrow and couldn't be more excited!
Comment by Marion and Vern on January 30, 2009 at 12:30pm
Glad Morna made it to her forever home. looking forward to pics of everyone.
Comment by Sam Tsang on January 30, 2009 at 11:50am
Comment by Edie on January 30, 2009 at 11:38am
With the greatest pleasure! Thank you!
Comment by Melvin Brock on January 30, 2009 at 11:37am
Sounds like you have a busy household. Glad to hear she's home. please give her a hug for us all

Rescue Store

Stay Connected


FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...



© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service