Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you see a corgi in a picture that some look skinny but others look bigger, not fatter just bigger??? I dont know how to explain it???? Because my friend has a corgi and its big but when you pet her shes not fat at all!!!!!???? But some corgis are thinner??? Have noticed???

Views: 3802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my corgi is 2 years and 15 lbs.... she is full corgi just really small i guess. lol people that know the breed and people who don't mistake her for a puppy. I've always wondered why most other corgis looked bigger... i do know that cardigans are "bigger boned".
I got Max in Aug 1997 from a pet store, he seemed to be full grown at 6 months (how old he was when we bought him) This dog had a huge bone structure and unfortunately we allowed him to get obese. He was 53 pounds when he passed.
So you mean the bigger boned or smaller boned?

I have two very small females, Zari is 15lb and Muffin is 16lb. They are not skinny or unhealthy, simple petite and small boned.

On the other hand if you have a corgi that should be 25lb and weighs 15lb it is skinny.

so you mean Petite?
Bentley is going to be 7months and he is about 14 pounds. At first I thought he was really small for his age since I kept reading that everyone else's corgi around his age were averaging 20 pounds, but he doesn't seem too skinny and his ribs aren't poking out. Maybe he'll have a growth spurt or fill out later?
i just got pixie 2 weeks ago and i noticed that many other corgis are about 6-9 lbs at 9 weeks. Pixie is at 9 weeks now and she's only/maybe 2 lbs. is this normal for a pure pembroke? i love her to pieces..sometimes i think i over feed her, she's just sooo small...thoughts? Thanks.
your pixie is adorable :-)
Penny is a little girl - small bones and a shade under 20 lbs. I have another friend with two little pups as well. I think it just varies by pup.
My Corgi is a female and weighs 16 lbs. She's nice and small and regulates her diet :-)
Bubba weighs 42 pounds and is not fat. When he walks you can see the muscles in his hips and he carries the weight well. He only gets 1/3rd cup of kibble twice a day with boiled chicken added maybe about five times a week with green beans on average. Judge for yourself.
Attachments:
I've noticed that there are a lot of really small corgis in this area. Most of them fit in my lap! I think HALF of Shippo fits in my lap, and he fits the standard for weight and size - 25-30lbs and 12 inches tall at the shoulders. Most people ask me, "Isn't he a bit large for a corgi?" Probably because they themselves have also only seen really tiny ones.
Anyone have any tips to help determine if a corgi is too skinny? We just adopted a 2 yr old boy 3 days ago. He weighs 18 pounds. He's very narrow toward his hind legs. He eats well, but not ravenously. We're going to try to get his weight up a couple of pounds by giving him some protein. But are there any rules of thumb to help determine whether one of these is too thin?

Thanks.
I was always told that the underbelly should swoop up under the hind legs instead of be a round belly. You shouldn't see the ribs but be able to slightly feel them when you pet your dog.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service