Any suggestions training a corgi when it is ok to bark and when it is not. Max is barking at everything. When he hears a noise(all the time), when we are eating and he wants some(not allowed), when he wants to play on his terms. When we tell him "no bark" he gets more aggressive. We start Kidnergarden tomorrow, so maybe that will help. Just thought I would see if any of you have had success with a specific technique.

Views: 8145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

boy am i glad to see this post, i'm going thru this now without much luck. I'm glad now to have all these great suggestions to try!
The flip side to ignoring the dog when it barks is starting interactions when it's quiet. So if your dog wants to play and is barking at you, ignore him until he's quiet. After he's been quiet for a short time, pick up a toy and offer to play.

My Jack is quite the barker. He will "talk" to me sometimes, but with my husband he will sit in front of him and bark and bark til he gets his way. Guess which of us ignored his barking when he was a teenager, and which of us didn't? :-)
Do you think it'll work through the floor? LOL We have thin walls so I can hear Charlie barking and howling every morning downstairs in his crate after my roomy goes to work at 6am.
Ooooo got a brand name or online store I can check out on?
I'll check it out :) Thanks!

and it's such the saddest loneliest howl. He def. figured out how to tug on moms heart to get up and let him out. err or grumble at him if its too early.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service