We've been talking quite a lot here about the things our corgis do to make us upset or angry, but what does he/she do that just melts your heart or makes you crack up?

I love how Bruce, my corgi/elkhound mix, sometimes sleeps, right on his back with all four paws up in the air. I love how he "talks" in these soft little grunts. I laugh whenever he does what I call "carpet shark", where he pulls himself forward with his front paws while flat on his belly, like he's in stealth mode.

I love how Sidney, the Pembroke puppy, sings in his little wookie voice when we come home. I love it when he fraps. It makes me laugh when he steals something...I have to go retrieve it from him but Is still laugh at his thieving ways.

I think it's so cute how both of them sometimes lay down with their back paws out behind them like a lizard sunning on a rock.

So, what about you guys?

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be so cute....collar with fake diamonds that spell Lucy!
Yeah! Get it in blue so it looks like the diamonds are in she sky! Hee hee!
My mom's sheltie does the exact same thing!!!! It is soo funny! I sometimes fake sneeze just to see her do this when I come over : )
I love when Gus has a little bit of his tongue sticking out, and doesn't realize it-it just cracks me up! I also love whenever I go downstairs (Gus doesn't do the stairs in our house-can't quite figure out why-maybe they're slippery??) he is always waiting at the top of the stairs for me when I come up, with his chin on his paws. It also makes me laugh when he tries to chase squirrels and they run up a tree and chuckle at him-he looks so annoyed!
Ohhh, so many laughs from my Roscoe. He's blind, and sometimes he stands "at attention" with his back legs spread apart, little stump twitching side to side,and chin up looking at whatever he thinks he sees, a very regal, defiant look. At night lying on the sofa trying to get him calmed down, he'll throw his head back in a howl, ending with some kind of singing/talking, to tell me to put him in his crate, it's time for bed mom. Do all corgis spin on a dime so fast? Makes me dizzy.
And the figure 8's he runs outside when I let him. He switches directions so fast, his body is almost parallel to the ground! Guess he's "herding" me...ha ha.
The figure 8's sounds like classic FRAPping! Isn't it amazing how fast those little legs can carry them?
It amazes me how confident he is even though he can't see!
Hunter runs figure eights too! I would say he does this 90% of the time that he FRAPs outside. Indside he doesn't have enough run for figure eights.
I love when we are playing ball with Lance and he woofs at you to take the ball from him! He lays in front of you with the ball and as soon as you try to grab it he puts his paws on the ball as if to say, No this is mine!! He is a character he makes me laugh everytime he does that.

I love when he lays on the landing on the top of the stairs in front of the gate after the kids have gone to sleep, so cute. Oh and he also lays right in front of the door waiting for the kids to get home from school at about the time the buses arrive, so cute also.

He also makes me laugh when he is doing something he knows he shouldnt be and he has it written all over his face!!! It is like a little kid when they know they are doing something they shouldnt be, you dont even have to see it you can just tell the way they are acting, too cute! Those are a few of the cute things Lance does there are so many more, he is too cute!!
Things I love about Bunny . . . . I love the chit-chatting that she does around the house, sometimes talking to me from another room. Its almost like she and the cats are talking to one another sometimes, everyone talking back and forth. She doesn't bark though, which is a blessing. In the year and a half she's lived with us, she's barked maybe 10 times; usually she just chats.

I love how she snuggles and plays with me on the floor and bed. Sometimes when we're going to sleep, she'll put her head on the pillow facing me and lay there talking and poke me with her nose. I love how she likes new adventures - going to the snow, going hiking, playing in the lake and creeks, discovering puddles, new places to walk.
I love that she's a dog my mom (who is deathly afraid of dogs and doesn't normally like pets) actually likes. My mom lives next door to us and shares our yard. Sometimes she will get Bunny out of the yard during the day when I'm at work and take her up to her house to visit. My mom will take Bunny for rides in the car to visit other family members and their dogs during the day when I'm at work.
Bunny has a great personality and is a delight to live with. I love how she can entertain herself, with her toys, chews, etc. when needed. She gets along with our cats really well, including the kitty that likes to taste Bunny's food and get a really close look and smell at what Bunny's eating (especially lettuce ribs, etc.)
I could go on, but all of you know how it is with Corgis. : )
Cathi
I get a pretty good chuckle when I'm watching the boys fuss over a toy and, while they aren't looking, Geni snags the toy and hides it in her little cubby under the stairs. She doesn't play with toys, she just enjoys hiding them from her brothers.
Dodger has taught Koda how to make it rain in the house. While I'm in my chair watching TV, they go upstairs and hang their heads through the railing right above my head. Of course, drool is subject to the laws of gravity so I get rained on.
Little monkeys.
Sometimes this is a bit annoying, but it is pretty comical. Fergie prefers to go down the steps in tandem with another dog so she will stand there and wait until someone else is ready to go down...then she has to bark at every step. It is annoying to everyone else in the house when I get up at 5:00 am and head downstairs, Fergi does her noisey routine while the rest of the house is still trying to sleep!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service