What was your total cost for spaying your corgi?

I have a private vet who is charging ~$280 total (includes pain meds, bloodwork, everything) to spay my 8-month old corgi. Sticker shock!

How much did it cost to get your corgi spayed? Was the cost just the spaying cost? Were there other costs associated? What was the total cost that you ended up paying?

How do you feel about getting a pet spayed at a university veterinary clinic?

It's been about 15 years since I had a pet spayed...and then the cost was ~$80.

Thanks in advance!!

Views: 2506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I go through my normal Vet then the total is $202 which includes: the pain meds, blood work, nail trimming, and some more I believe.

Although, if we go through our local SPCA in Sacramento the price is only $50. I am not sure what that includes, but it probably does not include the meds. I have had friends who have used the SPCA with great results, so I am seriously considering this option when the time comes for Sadie (now 12 weeks).

I have never considered a university veterinary clinic, because even though I am sure it will be fine, I am a little wary because it is still a university where they are teaching people and I would feel more comfortable somewhere else.
There's a low-cost spay clinic near me which will charge $45 for spaying and $15 for shots. I had a friend who took her dog there, and my boyfriend took our cat as well; both with excellent results. After calling around different vets in the area, prices ranged from $150 to $400. It's insane how much the fees can vary from clinic to clinic!
Chloe was done at SPCA, spay, plus chip was under $100.00. Make sure your dog is vaccinated against kennel cough, and get an E collar. There is a new kind of collar that looks more like a clown collar. I saw it at Pets mart.
I paid 95 dollars in totals for Superstar's spay, including the anesthesia, e-collar, pain meds to take home and also trim her nails....and also, they treated her very well at the SPCA(thats where I took her) and its worth every penny!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service