I came home from work to find a puddle of green goo in the corner of Penelope's kennel. I called my husband to see if she had a greenie treat before he left for work. Yeah so that is what the green chunks were. Then, I had taken my girl out twice and she was playing around inside. I gave her some more water. I could hear that she kinda gagged. Soon after the heaving came, she threw up foamy bile three times. I was very worried. I put her in the kennel so she would let me clean things up without her getting in it. I gave her a few pieces of kibble as her stomach was empty at this point. Should I be worried about this or could she have just had an upset tummy from the greenie? I can see that she that she didn't eat much this morning. My husband left her food dish out away from her. She ate fine last night.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its possible that the greenie could have upset her. i am pretty sure there is an age limit on greenies even though scout does fine on them. if you want something similar to greenies, i give my dog kong ziggies which he absolutely loves and basically does the same function as a greenie.
I agree, there might be an age limit b/c I've heard that sometimes greenies can be difficult for dogs to digest. I have been giving Kiwi the nylabone edible puppy bones, they are gluten free and come in turkey/sweet potato and lamb/apple flavors (they are in packs of 3/4 depending on the size), and they have yet to upset her stomach. I give her about a half of a medium (not the small ones) a day. Hope the pup feels better!
I think Penny will be fine. Looks like the Greenie just upset her tummy. =). The tummy upset couldve been due to the fact that was only thing in her stomach (if perhaps she had some kibble right before the greenie - she wouldve been OK). My Bailey has thrown up foamy bile before, from eating grass. So, don't worry!! As long as shes still energetic, pooping normally and not continually throwing up, having a fever... you and penny are fine! =) just make sure there is close supervision next time (if there is one) she has a greenie.
Well, it was a nylabone green thing. Not too big, I think it was a small or medium and she did eat kibble prior to. However, she has normal poop and ate all her supper seems to be playing fine now. Thanks everyone!
In the future, until she gets a little bigger, you might just give her a half of one and see how she does with that. They cut pretty easily if you use a hacksaw or a heavy duty utility knife.
Okay, Penelope did much better last night. She hadn't thrown up since the post. I gave her a little kibble while I wrote yestrerday's post and she did okay with that. By supper time, I gave her a hlaf cup of food instead of the almost full cup. She ate that really well only leaving about 3 pieces behind. She did great, no heaving, just regular Penelope. This morning she did such a good job when we came in from going out, I gave her a half of a puppy size dog biscuit. She was good, I went shower. I came back out, she was still fine. Hubby got up, started playing with her. Took her out again since she was hanging out by the door and he gave her a frozen baby carrot. She is running around and biting as usual. I go dry my hair so I can leave for work and I hear commotion. She threw up the bile again like yesterday, but only once. She was about to be fed her morning kibble when she did that. She seemed okay when I left, but Brad is still home with her right now. Maybe her tummy just can't handle the treats in the morning? She had a handful of kibble as I was leaving. She also has a vet appointment tomorrow, so I can let him know about it. I'm just wondering if we need to go today. She's been pretty much her normal active self. ...Well, I just heard her barking over the phone and biting Brad. She's her normal self I guess. I'll just let vet know tomorrow. Maybe it is just the empty stomach thing. She hasn't eaten her food, but it is earlier than when she normally eats still. The dish will stay out a little longer before it is picked up. What a handful!
My Sophie loved greenies but they made her tummy upset every time we gave her one so we had to stop. My Rosie doesn't like them at all and won't touch them. When Sophie ate greenies she would throw up afterwards. We tried them a couple of different times because she loved them so.
That's good to know. Penny did fine the first two times she had them, but I guess it didn't agree with her, the vet wasn't too concerned about it when I told him about that. He also said that there wasn't an age limit.
we were good today!
thanks
I am so glad Penelope's better!!!!!!!! It's so scary to see your furbabies throwing up!
I know I instantly became smother mother when she did that. But, no throwup for 3 days now!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service