i have never givin neeka any flee treatment stuff, or any prevantative stuff nor do i even know what flees look like if she were to get them, we walk through tall grass, i take her camping and down to the river and i have never worried about it. is there something i should be giving her or is it more of a climate/regional thing? (like the winters here get to -40/50ish and im not sure flees can live in that temp)

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fleas normally do die out during winter. It's the spring and summer months that are the hardest for people in dealing with fleas.

Preventatives are always a good idea, 'better to err on the side of caution.' Frontline and Advantage are the two top flea preventatives. But they are only available through prescription. Frequent baths with flea&tick shampoo normally keeps them at bay.

The reason why people are so concerned about them is because fleas, ticks, mites, and mosquitoes can give dogs heart worm. Not to mention a whole slew of other deadly diseases.
Hey Alynne, since you're in Ft St John, BC, it is too cold up there to have fleas :)
hahah alright i wasnt sure if it was or not
Lucky....
lol *pats James*

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by