I posted a discussion about 3 months ago about my horrible trip to the groomers. I took my precious Kirby in to trim up his rear end and the groomer suggested I should cut him down a "LITTLE". I complied thinking Kirby would come out looking great..instead I picked up what looked like a naked Corgi. I have recieved a lot of feedback on his picture on my page, and I can assure you that he wasnt naked. Instead his hair was a gray whitish color underneath. Nonetheless the fur he had left was prickley and quite ugly I must say. After my initial shock..I decided to get other opinions on what to do. That very day I purchased dog sunscreen, and had already purchased a great shirt from Corgi Clothes.com. Well I would like to report Kirby is doing great. He survived the akward stages of the fur growing back and he now looks like my little Baby that I always had. Granted his fur is not completely grown out, but he is getting fluffier by the week. Please check my pictures and look at the one labeled "his hair is finally growing back". I just wanted to give hope to all Corgi owners that share this same experience. It will all be ok. Kirby is proof!

I also attached some pictures of the little guy on his way to his hair growing back!

Views: 74

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh good. He's looking great. I wouldn't trust that groomer. I think they just told you that to get an extra buck. Corgis don't need to be cut.
thanks for making the pics smaller for all to see :)
My mother once took Lily to a groomer who wanted to shave her. Apparently this groomer hated Corgis and did it to the other corgis that were coming in. My mother said she saw one of them once and said they looked terrible. Suffice it to say, we stopped bringing her there. We once had to shave Lily's butt when she had a hot spot that was infected and it took forever for that hair to grow in and now she has a weird cowlick on her tush. I can only imagine what she'd look like if she ever got fully shaved. :( At least Kirby is looking good again!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service