I've been reading a lot of posts about what pet treats to feed our corgis, and I know a lot of them are unhealthy and unsafe, as well as expensive. I know our vet suggested carrot sticks and frozen peas (which Flash won't even touch), as well as peanut butter (which he loves but is fattening). Is there anything else that anyone knows of that is DEFINITELY safe for corgis, as well as nutritious? Thanks!

Views: 1672

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Duncan loves carrots and green beans. He's on a diet now, with kibble, green beans and a small scoop of pumpkin.
Any veggies and fruit (execpt onions, raisins and grapes) are fine for dogs-if you add them to his food you need to run the veggs/fruits through a processor, dogs don't have grinding teeth-that baby carrot may come out the same way it went down the hatch-adding garlic to their food helps with external parasites. Adding veggs/fruits are also a great way to help keep weight off. I make my own dog treats-homemade dog cookies and I dry chicken breasts in a dehydrator (slice when half frozen into thin slices) it takes overnight-my dogs love my goodies and won't take commerical made goodies. Chicken necks (RAW ONLY) are a great treat, make for very happy dogs and are great for keeping their teeth clean. Start with small amounts to avoid diarrea and to get their gut used to something different. I change up my kids diets on a regular basis and they can eat about anything without upset.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service