When my five month old pembroke came in the house today I noticed that his skin felt bumpy. Upon closer inspection his skin is flaky and peeling off. He was fine yesterday and it is something that seems to be new today. I'm wondering if this is allergies, dandruff, or something else. I checked for fleas but he is on treatment and I couldn't see any bugs with the naked eye. Any ideas?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That happened with a chihuahua I had before. I noticed it right away because she had a short coat. It looked like dandruff, but I got it checked out and it turned out to be mites. They bury themselves deep into the skin. It can cause their bodies harm after a while. This requires a shot and a small tub of ointment to put on the affected areas. Take him to the vet as soon as you're able to.
I have a cat with a skin allergy. It comes in cycles, and when I notice the bumpies coming back, he goes to the vet for a steroid shot, which starts clearing it up within hours. This is another possible reason for your pup's skin. It seems to come on faster during flea season, even with everyone on Frontline.
My husband took him to the vet first thing this morning. Turns out it's a bacterial infection. At least that's what the vet diagnosed it as. However, he didn't exam the skin under the skin. I sure wish he would have to rule out mites.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service