What does your corgi get his/her mouth on that they shouldn't??

Is there something that your corgi constantly goes after that they REALLY shouldn't?? Blaze will grab WHATEVER just so I will chase him to get it back, until I learned to just act bored and play with one of HIS toys until he drops the pen, shoe, hammer, whatever. . .but Blaze seems to have a severe weakness for BRAS and dryer sheets (he loves to shred both). He will actually stick his head in the dryer to steal the dryer sheet. I suppose I should start listening to my boyfriend and put these things out of Blaze's reach. . .:)

Views: 322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lance loves to get ahold of toilet paper. One of the cutest thing I ever saw him do though when I was on the phone of course, when lance was like five months old he grabbed the toilet paper off the roll and unrolled it with him holding onto it with his mouth.....how funny and cute....although more than once would probably be not so fun....It reminded me of the toilet paper commercial I forget which brand...but it was cute on tv too and then Lance did it.....was he watching too much tv....lol He also liked socks and shoes/sandals when he was a puppy. He has gotten better though, but watch out! The grossest thing that he will eat up is rabbit poo from the visiting rabbits that come through our yard.....it is soooooo gross.....luckily he doesnt do that as much anymore.
Its funny you mention that. Merlin is completely obsessed with this ONE bra that my wife has. Regardless of where we put it he'll usually end up with it. And I mean regardless. He's hopped up on a chair, got onto the table and shimmied his way over to the top of the wardrobe. Its insane but at the same time you can't help but laugh.
I've recently adopted the acting bored routine and it works wonderfully!
Bandit likes to steal socks, shoes, papers, tissues. He especially likes to steal paper and tissues. He actually pulled a book off our bookshelf last night.
Berber carpet. And dirty towels. And hot wheels. And the newspaper (while still in hand, being read). And rocks while outside. I'm sure I will be adding to this list in the future....
About 2 weeks ago, I spilled Oxi-clean powder on the floor and as I was getting ready to clean it up, Kiwi swooped in and licked it up...needless to say it resulted in a costly vet bill and a call to the poison control center...it was a crazy couple of days. She of course is fine, I don't believe she got too much of it, just enough to make her sick for a day...either way, it didn't stop her from eating things she's not supposed to. Whatever she can get her little puppy teeth on, is hers for eating. My husband and I spend half our day fishing things out of her mouth and keeping an extremely watchful eye on her. She's a crazy dog...
The cat
..and also used paper towel/toilet paper rolls. Junk mail (good, he can have it). My son's socks and my daughter's bras! When I catch him with something he shouldn't I say "thief! Baggins!" like from The Hobbit. He's short and a thief so it fits.
Sticks! Not the big dog-friendly cliche sticks, oh no. The little "would probably cause an emergency vet-visit" sticks that fit between his teeth so once he establishes that scissor bite I have to pry it out of his throat. He grabs twigs fairly large and when I attempt to retrieve them he bites down snapping them into chokable sized bits. He also decides at that point to start an alligator death-roll on the leash and becomes completely unmanagable. Oh, it makes me so angry.......
Here I am wondering if a corgi would fit in my life, and the more I read the more it seems like they are German shepherds in a smaller body! My last dog was a shepherd cross and the only way I could keep my things safe was to give her a bucket full of things that she could vent her energy on. every thing from paper towel rolls, cardboard boxes, milk cartons(she loved these with the handle they made for great toss, shake, and stomp games) once she caught on to the fact that was her bucket and anything in it was fair game (her toys where also put up in it) my things where safe. Why get yelled at when the bucket was full of fun and new adventures. Now I am dealing with my boyfriends 8 month old pure German shepherd puppy. He loves to pack stuff around, not a keep away game. Simply mommy look at me aren't I cute I have your 5 pound decorative metal garden frog. How can you resist the cuteness! He even has this tail straight out prance that is hard to not laugh at!
Havoc also loves socks!!!!!!!!! I had to go buy a tall clothes hamper just so he would stop pulling all the socks out and making a nest of them in his bed. Also Havoc has a big bed like 3 times the size of him and if I have one piece of my clothing on the floor, he will sleep on that all night rather then his big bed. Corgis are so loyal, thats what you call love...lol.
Everything!
My Basil would eat my Longaberger baskets--expensive appetite! All our Corgis will come unglued if they hear a plastic cap hit the ground--colorfull pits of poastic can often be found around the house.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service