Everyones got there methods....lets hear yours!!

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well we lived in an apartment for the first three weeks we had her so we used puppy pads, very very bad idea, for months after she would pee on blankets/soft stuff on the floor. at home she goes to the door and scratches on it to be let out, i taught her by taking her out every hour or two while she was a puppy and using her paw to scratch the door everytime. she caught on pretty quick, at work she can't scratch on the door so i taught her to bring me her leash when she needs to go outside and go potty. everytime she peed in the house i would tell her no, (if i caught her doing it) pick her up, walk to the door, scratch the door with her paw and put her outside, i went out with her everytime for the first couple months and kept a treat in my pocket, when she would go pee/poo outside i would tell her good girl and give her a treat. she caught on pretty quick and but up until she was 7-8 months i couldn't leave blakents anywhere and if they fell off the bed she would pee on them. so i highly reccommend not using puppy pads, i think it confuses them!
I did the treat method everytime he went outside and pottied,and watched him like a hawk, fussed when he went inside, all the regular stuff. I did leave down pee pads when I was out at work, and have seen some of the peeing on blankets as mentioned above. I trust him on tile, but I don't trust him on carpet. He asks to go out regularly now, but he has gone on the carpet on the stairs recently. I don't think it's in his head that outside is potty, and inside is not, no matter what.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service