So Harry is nearly potty trained but we have one problem...

He never goes in his crate, but when we are home it wants to go out like once an hour! Instead of trying to hold it, he will just pee where ever he wants! I don't know how to stop this...I know he can hold it up to 7 or 8 hours, but he still will pee on the carpet!!
Any suggestions????

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have his urine checked for an infection! At least you can rule out any infection then. Do you think he is trying to mark his territory?
my puppy peed about once every hour to two hours when she was little. your boy is about four months old? he still needs to be takin out alot, his bladder can't hold much, the reason he doesn't pee in his kennel is because im guessing he sleeps there and dogs usually will not potty where they sleep. neeka started holding her pee for 3 hours when she was about 5-6 months old and by 10 months she only asked to go out every 4+ hours. as he gets older it will get better.
Harry is crate trained, not potty trained. He knows he doesnt wish to soil his crate but has not learned that going outside is your choice for his eliminations. Good supervision and routine is the key here. For some folks it works great to put them on lead and tie them to you. This keeps you most aware of their activity and gives you access to easy correction should he try to eliminate in the home. Also give you the opportunity to take him outside immediately to help him learn what you are asking of him. Good luck.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service